Skills and Qualifications:
• 0-2 years of directly related experience/ will consider less
• Working knowledge of telecommunications network structure
• Familiarity with fiber optic cable, splice enclosures and the functionality of each
• Ability to use OTDR and fusion splicing equipment
• Ability to read fiber matrices
• Ability to interpret and analyze data
• Ability to troubleshoot problems
• Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to related construction processes
• Proficient in the use of hand tools and equipment utilized in splicing fiber
• Ability to operate company vehicles and properly tow/back-up trailers
• Willingness to Travel
• Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Experience operating and performing work in a bucket truck, man-lift a Plus.
• Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol requirements
• Must possess and maintain a clean driver's abstract and valid full-driver's license appropriate to the requirements of the vehicle being driven
• Ability to perform physically demanding tasks, including the ability to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis
• Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
Description Level II
Duties and Responsibilities:
• CAT5e and CAT6 copper solution installation
• Fiber optic cable solution installation
• Installation of fire alarm and security systems
• Pull cable, fire stopping, dressing cables, and labeling to industry standards
• Terminate CAT5e jacks, CAT6 jacks, coaxial and fiber optic connectors
• Accurate test copper and fiber optic cables to industry standards utilizing appropriate test equipment
• Troubleshoot and repair copper and fiber optic cables
• Read and understand blueprints
• Online safety training as required
Essential Education and Qualifications:
• Minimum 2 years of experience installing copper and fiber optic cabling systems including staging materials and planning the execution of work, pathways, TR build-out, pulling cable, terminations (fiber and copper), testing and troubleshooting.
• Experience in fire alarm and security systems.
• BICSI Installer/Technician certification highly desired.
• Valid driver’s license and ability to travel as needed
• Must be able to work safely following company policy/procedures on safety.
• NICET certifications is a plus
• Oregon LEA or LEB License (Lea Preferred)
• Must be physically fit to endure the daily activity involved with the job
• Ability to climb ladders, stand for extended periods, and work in aerial lifts.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
Contact Person: Connor Saben
Location: Prineville, Oregon
Application Method: Phone
Base Pay: 22-28/hr with 85/day for per diem
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903