Employer: Mercer Ranches Inc
As a Automotive Mechanic, you will use your skills to perform maintenance and repairs of equipment with limited or no supervision in a safe, and professional manner. Every day, you can improve and challenge yourself, and if you have the desire and ambition, you’ll have the potential to work towards leadership roles in our farm shop. Like every member of our team, we will rely on you to provide exceptional customer service.
Additional duties include the following:
1. Maintenance and repair of mechanical, electrical, various automotive systems, small engine, and some hydraulic systems on a variety of equipment and tools while using a high degree of independent judgment
2. When required, travel to field job sites for repair/maintenance of equipment; must operate and maintain service vehicle in a clean and professional manner
3. Assist in the training of lower level technicians as needed
4. Maintain paperwork/electronic documentation of work performed (work orders) in a complete and timely manner.
5. Assist with pick-up and delivery of equipment & parts as needed.
High School diploma or equivalent
Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
2+ years of experience repairing/maintaining automotive / light truck (gasoline engine) vehicles.
Mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of tools
Knowledge of automotive / light truck (gasoline engine) repair with an understanding of schematics and diagrams
Must own tools applicable to position
Superior customer service, teamwork and verbal/written communication skills
Ability to frequently lift items up to 50 lbs. and move items up to 100+ lbs. on occasion.
Willing to work in all weather conditions.
We believe that it takes great employees to build a great organization – and we’re passionate about helping our people grow professionally and embrace teamwork in everything they do. Our culture is based on our corporate values and centers on mutual respect, job satisfaction, diversity and a shared responsibility to build a better future.
What's in it for you?
Competitive wages + generous tool rental + bonus program based on farm profitability, benefits offering includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement with company match; life and disability insurance; and paid time off including sick, 3 weeks of vacation, and 5 holidays.
Contact Person: Nat Cowell
Location: Prosser, Washington
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: $20 - $30 per hour
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903