Employer: Yakima Chief Hops
Job Title: Mechanic
Classification: Non-Exempt / Hourly
Reports to: Director of Extraction
1. High School Diploma, GED or equivalent, preferred but not required.
2. Possess skills in electrical, PLC, welding, mechanical and refrigeration.
3. Must be strongly detail oriented and be able to easily multi-task.
4. Should be able to independently initiate, prioritize, and perform or solve work problems and ultimately achieve work objectives and meet deadlines.
5. Strong organizational, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
6. Must be able to effectively communicate in written and verbal form with co-workers, supervisor, and management.
7. Written skills are necessary to properly fill out paperwork.
8. Must be able to work independently and as a team member.
9. Follow written (Standards Operating Procedures- SOP’s, company memos & emails) and verbal Instructions.
10. Minimum of six months related experience with demonstrated aptitude to learn on-the-job.
11. Possess a strong work ethic to positively contribute to the company’s mission, vision, values and environmental policy and quality policy.
12. Must have a positive attitude, support co-workers to obtain desired objectives, and assist others in their contributions.
13. Ability to sit/stand/walk for extended periods of time and access stairs and ladders.
14. Ability to bend, stoop, squat occasionally to frequently.
15. Ability to wear appropriate personal protective equipment (in required areas) for extended periods of time.
16. Ability to lift (up to 50 lbs), carry (up to 44 lbs) occasionally to frequently within normal limits.
17. Ability to adapt to changing paces and processes quickly.
18. Must be able to learn ERP systems and perform data entry & print reports.
19. Attentive to the task and own surroundings.
20. Preferably able to speak Spanish.
The purpose of this position is to maintain and repair all equipment and facilities.
1. Extract Operations Facilities which includes but is not limited to the following equipment:
• Pellet Mill, CPM
• Pellet Cooler
• Blowers, Cyclones, Baghouses
• Conveyors System (Screw, Paddle, Bucket, Vibratory Feeder, etc.)
• Pump System: Vacuum, Uraca, CAT, Blackmer, etc.
• Pneumatic Systems (Air Compressor / Air Dryer)
• Wastewater System (Pond SVID, sampling and testing, etc.)
• Combustion System (Boiler, DA Tank, Waste Chemistry Test, Condensate Return, Hot Water System, Heat exchangers, Water Softener, etc.)
• Industrial Refrigeration System (Compressor, Evaporative Condenser Tower, Glycol unit & control systems, etc.)
• Hydraulics System (hydraulic rams, hydraulic solenoids, hydraulics on forklifts, etc.)
• Electrical Systems (three-phase and single-phase voltages, solenoids, etc.)
• Packaging Equipment (Checkweigher, Seamer, fill head etc.)
• CIP Skid System: Chemical use (Acid / Base)
• CO2 Recovery System (Refrigeration system / Adsorber)
• Other: MSA CO2 detection device, chain hoist, flow meters, etc.
2. Provide technical direction and guidance to plant employees.
3. Maintain flexible maintenance work schedule, including OT on weekdays and/or weekends and Holidays.
4. Organize preventive maintenance list.
5. Replace parts that are beyond repair.
6. Ensure spare parts inventories are stocked. It may entail going into town for picking and/or ordering these parts.
7. Keep tools organized and put away when not working on a job.
8. Ensure all safety guards are on the machines and in working order.
9. Meet with department supervisor or other team members to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
10. Follow safety requirements.
11. Ensure that company safety policies as well as federal, state, and local safety and environmental regulations are observed.
12. May actively participate on company’s Safety Committee.
13. Continuously look for ways to improve process efficiency and notify immediate supervisor of observations and recommendations.
14. Maintain sanitary and safe work environment and follow safety requirements.
15. Must adhere to all company policies.
16. Must have a complete understanding of company’s policies, SOP’s, QP’s, EP’s, HACCP and cGMP that pertain to their departments to ensure quality, safety, efficiency, and sustainability.
17. Examine documents, materials, and products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy and conformance to standards and specifications.
18. Follow all SOP’s in a given area.
19. Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager and/ or designee,
Contact Person: Denisse Gutierrez
Location: Sunnyside, WA
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903