The General Shop Technician is an integral member of the Maintenance Team working to repair and maintain various types of industrial equipment including but not limited to; piping systems, heat exchangers, valves, structural platforms, tower/ vessel internals, and other types of fixed equipment throughout the refinery.
• Safely executes work in accordance with company policies and practices
• Assists in the repair, installation, and maintenance of typical processing and refining equipment
• Assesses and manages jobsite risks and identifies and maintains risk controls and mitigations
• Works effectively, collaboratively, and respectfully on diverse teams
• Maintains a high standard for quality craftsmanship
The Cherry Point Refinery is currently accepting applications for General Shop Technician positions. The General Shop Technician is responsible for performing maintenance work associated with the production or refining of oil and gas.
The starting pay is $38.53/hour; with opportunity to rise to $54.51/hour after successful completion of required trainings and certifications.
The hiring class will start on January 2023 after successful completion of our application screening and pre-employment testing
Are you full of energy and passion towards new challenges?
Ideal candidates will have a High School Diploma or equivalent and 4+ years applicable experience. Ability to work independently and in a team environment while being self-motivated and safety conscious is vital to succeed in this role. Basic computer skills such MS office or web-based applications would greatly benefit the role holder.
The successful candidate will be:
• Experienced with:
• Industrial pipe fitting and welding
• Industrial metal fabrication
• Working in an industrial environment
• Operating mobile industrial equipment
• Crane signals, rigging and lifting operations
• Industrial valve servicing and repair
• Reading and using piping and instrument diagrams, piping isometrics, and general mechanical drawings
• Experienced and have the understanding of hydrocarbon processing
• Proving mechanical aptitude
• Demonstrating the ability to work with others in a team environment both as a leader and team member
• Additional relevant education or experience in a maintenance and reliability environment— such as in a refinery, chemical plant, technical school, or the military— is preferred
• TWIC card is required
This position requires the ability to perform various types of physical labor, including lifting and carrying up to 30 pounds, Standing, walking, lifting and carrying up to 30-pounds; bending, stooping, twisting, reaching, stretching, pushing, pulling, dragging 50-yards, balancing, kneeling, crawling, use of hands and feet, climbing ladders\\stairs and working in confined spaces in high places and withstanding heights.
The schedule for this role consists of four 10 hour days (M-Th), a rotating 10 hour day mini-shift (Wed-Sat), working overtime and responding to call-outs 24/7-365 days per year. Turnaround schedules and other outages require extended work periods, including night coverage.
Contact Person: Tiffany Parker
Location: Blaine, WA
Application Method: Application
Base Pay: $38.53/hr
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903