The Instrumentation and Electrical Technician will be working with electrical equipment such as motors, control circuitry, logic systems, transmitters, control valves, analyzers, distributive control systems, radio & communications systems, and PLC’s. We are looking for candidates who can problem solve, overcome obstacles and make good decisions working positively in a team-first environment.
The candidate must also be able to effectively communicate work issues and document outcomes and other key accountabilities such as:
• Troubleshooting, calibrations, installs, repairs and maintenance of all instrumentation and electrical equipment in the refinery.
• Maintain a safe work environment and adherence to all company safe practices, policies, and procedures.
• Assist in the preparation for repair, installation or maintenance of typical processing and refining equipment.
• Interface positively with operations, process control, project, and engineering teams involved with assignments.
• Effectively communicate and document work results
The Cherry Point Refinery is currently accepting applications for Instrument and Electrical Shop Technician positions. The I&E Technician is responsible for performing maintenance work associated with the production or refining of oil and gas.
The starting pay is $38.53/hour; with opportunity to rise to $54.51/hour after successful completion of required trainings and certifications. The hiring class will start on January 2023 after successful completion of our application screening and pre-employment testing.
Are you full of energy and passion towards new challenges?
Ideal candidates will have a High School Diploma or equivalent and 4+ years applicable military or trade experience, electrical license or technical school degree/certificate with proven experience working on electrical systems, instrumentation, radio & communications systems, or analyzers in an environment that requires exceptional teamwork and self-reliance with a focus on safety. Ability to work independently and in a team environment while being self-motivated and safety conscious is vital to succeed in this role. Basic computer skills such MS office or web-based applications would greatly benefit the role holder.
The successful candidate will be:
• Working in all weather conditions, indoors and outdoors. Walking or crawling on uneven surfaces and platforms
• Climbing and descending stairs and ladders
• Working in confined spaces and on elevated platforms
• Ability to wear a self-contained breathing apparatus or respirator if needed
• Wearing chemical and splash resistant personal protective equipment
• Lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, bending, stooping, twisting, reaching and stretching, pushing, pulling, dragging 50-yards, balancing, kneeling, use of hands
• Working a schedule of four 10-hour days (M-Th), a rotating 10-hour day mini-shift (Wed-Sat), working overtime and responding to callouts 24/7-365 days per year, working night shifts as required
• Maintain basic work skills qualifications through face to face and virtual training mechanisms.
• Serving on the Refinery Emergency Response team as needed
• TWIC card is required
Contact Person: Tiffany Parker
Location: Blaine, WA
Application Method: Application
Base Pay: $38.53/hr
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903