We are looking for an experienced Wastewater Operator to join our team at the Edwards Wastewater Facility. If you are a licensed Wastewater Operator looking for a change of scenery, we want to meet you! The ideal candidate for this role holds current wastewater licensure, has a heart for community service, strong team values and work ethic. This position will use a mix of chemistry, biology, technical problem solving, and mechanical aptitude to provide a service to the community by creating and controlling an environment for microorganisms to thrive, and ultimately discharge reclaimed water back to the river.
Edwards Wastewater Treatment Plant has a design hydraulic capacity of 2.83 MGD and organic loading capacity of 15,100 lbs/day (BOD5). It serves customers from Avon to Cordillera and treats all solids from entire Eagle River Water and Sanitation service area. The new team member will help maintain our processes and assets including 90 pumps, 14 blowers, 50 automated valves, 9 MAU’s, 7 A/C units, 10 foul air fans, 20 exhaust fans, 4 PI units, 4 biofilters, 10 MCC’s, 6 clarifier drives, 2 centrifuges, 2 RDT’s, 1 conveyor, 3 generators, 3 switch gears- Phew! That’s a lot of moving parts to care for, so we are looking for someone with strong mechanical aptitude and an interest in becoming an expert in the activated sludge treatment process.
Why work for us? The work you will do as a Wastewater Operator will have an immediate positive environmental impact on our community. Not to mention our excellent benefits including medical, dental, & vision coverage, employee housing & stipend program, relocation assistance (if applicable), retirement savings plans, and ample opportunities for professional development.
The Day to Day:
• OPERATIONS: Operates pumps, motors, sludge equipment, controllers, instrumentation and other equipment. (Cleans precipitates such as grit, solids, trash, and muck from sump, catch basin and grit chamber. Opens and closes gates and valves according to gauge readings or warning lights on equipment. Operates odor control systems.
• ANALYSIS: Collects and calculates wastewater operations and control data including SCADA systems. Makes process control decisions based on plant observations, lab data, instrumentation, and historical trends.
• BIOLOGY / CHEMISTRY: Collects samples and conducts wastewater laboratory tests and analyzes data for both process indication and compliance. Make process adjustments and changes in order to discharge an effluent that meets facility permit limits.
• MAINTENANCE: Performs general equipment inspection and maintenance. Performs equipment repair and adjustments. Recommends repairs, changes and work orders to Facility Supervisor. Changes chemical containers, delivers needed materials, and performs general plant maintenance and housekeeping.
• TEAMWORK: Serves as on-call operator on a rotating basis, as assigned. Recommends and or makes process control changes to meet certain conditions. Required to follow all District safety and security policies and wear Personal Protective Equipment as required by the job duties.
• Must be willing to work overtime, holidays, and weekends. Must be willing to work On Call shifts.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Associates or bachelor’s degree in a related science or mechanical field is desired.
• Must be able to tactfully, respectfully and professionally communicate in English, both written and verbal.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Must possess a valid Colorado Driver's license within 30 days of full-time employment and be insurable under District's standards.
• Must obtain CPR/First Aid Certification within the first six (6) months of employment.
• CDL license is desirable, but not required.
• Computer experience necessary to include Windows, Excel, and Microsoft Word programs. SCADA and Microsoft Outlook experience preferred. Must have the ability to learn and adapt to new computer software programs.
• Two or more years of experience operating and maintaining a Wastewater Treatment Facility or equivalent is strongly preferred.
• B or A Wastewater Certification strongly preferred.
• D or C Wastewater Certification required.
• Laboratory experience required.
• Mechanical aptitude, experience, and strong maintenance skills preferred.
There are five levels of Wastewater Operator with different titles and pay ranges depending on certifications, knowledge, skills and abilities. Additional opportunities for growth and development on the wastewater team include Lead Operator and Supervisor roles. The District will support you in earning your licenses. Pay range and title depend on certifications and experience. Starting range depends on qualifications but generally falls around the midpoint of the pay range. Pay ranges for each level are as follows:
• Wastewater Operator 1 (Colorado Wastewater D License): $22.34 - $29.56
• Wastewater Operator 2 (Colorado Wastewater C License): $24.71 - $32.86
• Wastewater Operator 3 (Colorado Wastewater B License): $27.51 - $36.86
• Wastewater Operator 4 (Colorado Wastewater A License): $30.59 - $41.20
At ERWSD, we value life-work balance and are leaders in the industry with our holistic benefits package, which includes but is not limited to:
• Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
• Employee housing and $361 monthly housing stipend programs
• Wellness program
• Retirement savings plans (414h and 457)
• 13.5 Paid Holidays
• Paid Vacation, Sick and Comp Time
• Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
• $400 Annual Recreation Benefit
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Ski Pass, Electrical Vehicle, and Computer loan programs
2022 Benefits Guide- https://d2ir6gu3mx7cqv.cloudfront.net/company/sites/152121/2022%20ERWSD%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf
All District employees must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and extensive background check. For a full position description, email email@example.com
All applicants must apply online at www.erwsd.org by September 9, 2022.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
Contact Person: Dee Romano
Location: Edwards, Colorado
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: $22.34-$41.20
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903