WSDOT is seeking an energetic, friendly, and reliable Front Desk Receptionist who can independently plan, prioritize, and perform a wide range of complex secretarial duties and provide administrative support for the Olympic Region Headquarters office. Communication skills are vital in this role, for this incumbent must possess the ability to quickly build, develop, and foster positive working relationships with diverse customers. Customer service goes beyond meeting office staff needs; it is necessary to be approachable and professional to greet walk-in customers and to respond to telephone inquiries. If you are an organized, friendly professional who enjoys working in a fast paced, customer-service environment, we invite you to apply.
What to Expect
Among the varied range of responsibilities held within this role, the Front Desk Receptionist will:
- Perform receptionist duties for the Olympic Region Headquarters office including answering phone calls, responding to emails, distributing incoming mail, preparing outgoing mail/packages, and directing internal and external customers.
- Act as a liaison between the public and department on numerous issues.
- Use set procedures, evaluates, and resolves complaints by identifying issues, researching, and applying solutions, and informing customers of the results.
- Establish office procedures, standards, priorities, and deadlines.
- Maintain fiscal records, complete or process requisitions, invoices, and payroll.
- Maintain calendars, schedule, and arrange meetings and/or travel for several region conference rooms.
- Perform complex word processing tasks such as merging and sorting, integrating text with graphics, spreadsheet, and data base files, uploading/downloading, and creating footnotes and outlines.
- Assist Secretary Supervisor in providing and scheduling front desk coverage.
- Order supplies, equipment, printing, and arrange for facility and equipment maintenance and repair contracts and services.
To be considered for this opportunity, the following are required:
- Two (2) years of increasingly responsible office experience or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Experience working with diverse populations in a customer service environment to include deescalating upset customers.
- Experience performing accurate and timely data entry in office software programs and databases.
- Strong computer skills and experience performing accurate and timely data entry in office software programs and databases.
- Experience in communicating with various staff and customers via phone, e-mail, or other written correspondence in a clear and concise manner.
- Proven ability to prioritize, manage, and perform multiple tasks.
- Proven ability to proofread correspondence and technical documents.
It is preferred that qualified candidates also have:
- Experience with payroll/timekeeping.
- Experience as a receptionist answering incoming calls, greeting customers, and professionally representing an organization.
Location: Lacey, WA
Application Method: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/wsdot/jobs/3666607/front-desk-receptionist-secretary-senior-non-permanent?page=3&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Base Pay: $2,890, - $3,821/ MO
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903