Employer: Community Health of Central Washington
Are you looking for a work family; a place where you can make a difference in the lives of others? Community Health of Central Washington (CHCW) offers an opportunity to work in a culturally rich, diverse and rewarding healthcare environment with exceptional health benefits, life insurance, PTO, paid holidays, retirement, and more!
Community Health of Central Washington-Ellensburg (CHCW-E) has an opportunity for a highly motivated Lead Medical Assistant to join our team. In addition to MA duties, this person will provide direction, oversight, and mentoring to the CHCW-E MA team. They will also assist the clinic nurse supervisor with projects as assigned.
Lead duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Assists providers and nursing team by preparing patients for their appointments following established protocols to include rooming patients, administering immunizations, placing and reading Tuberculosis skin tests, ordering imaging and labs as instructed by provider, assisting patients with completion of forms, performing clerical tasks, etc.
- Provides direction, mentoring, and coaching to team staff
- Acts as a role model to staff by exhibiting professionalism and excellent customer service
- Assists with creating MA schedules and monitors day to day fluctuations
- Orients, evaluates, and counsels team staff in conjunction with supervisor
- Regularly communicates with supervisor, departments, and administration as needed both in Ellensburg and CHCW-wide
- Implements new policies, procedures, and work flows related to the department/function
- Conducts regular team meetings to inform team of updates or changes and answers questions as needed
- Provides coverage and support to team members as needed.
High School Diploma or GED required
Completion of accredited Medical Assisting Program required
WA MA-C license required
One year of related experience and/or training preferred
Energetic, detail oriented and reliable
Excellent clinical and communication skills
Bilingual English/Spanish preferred but not required
Paid holidays (9)
CHCW responds to community needs with innovation and collaboration to develop sustainable programs and services that drive health care equity. At CHCW we practice our culture of HEAT by being committed to a workplace that is Helpful, Encouraging, Accountable, and Team Oriented.
High School or better.
General Educational Development or better.
Clinical setting experience
Successful completion of an accredited Medical Assistant course
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Location: Ellensburg, WA
Application Method: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/COM1062CHCW/JobBoard/3d203db0-600f-df44-b3f8-d7eb5260084e/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=a08e78ad-c529-41b0-a955-6e629f0b26a0
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903