Employer: Perry Technical Institute
Under the direction of the Associate Director of Career Services and Admissions, the Career Services Specialist will assist students and alumni in securing employment opportunities through the development of job search skills, soft skills, interviewing techniques, résumés, and cover letters. A major aspect of this position involves preparation, development, and delivery of informational workshops to students on these subjects.
The ideal Career Services Specialist would be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, have excellent presentation skills, strong interpersonal skills, organizational and time-management skills; have a proactive, creative, and resourceful approach to problem-solving; and project a professional image in both communication and appearance.
Duties are performed in an office and instructional environment. Work collaboratively in a team environment as well as independently.
This is a non-exempt, full-time regular position. The hours of the position may vary depending on needs of the department. Ability to work some evenings and occasional weekends is required. Overtime may be required.
WAGE RANGE: $20 - $21 /HOUR
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, prescription, 401(k) with profit share and matching, life and disability insurance, flexible spending plan, employee assistance plan, paid sick leave, vacation, 12 paid holidays, 4 day work weeks and more.
- Associate’s degree or certificate of completion from an accredited career school.
- Will on occasion be required to drive on behalf of Perry Technical Institute. Employee must possess a working vehicle, hold a valid driver’s license, have an acceptable driving record, and produce proof of insurance.
- Must be willing to submit to a drug test.
- Prior experience in career services or human resources.
- Experience in public speaking.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and deliver interactive presentations on career-related topics.
- Review résumés and cover letters with attention to proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Assist students and alumni in job-seeking efforts by identifying and distributing appropriate job openings for their course of study.
- Conduct mock interviews sessions with students and alumni.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of appointments and communication with students, alumni and employers.
- Collect and secure required employment graduate outcome data.
- Assist with on/off campus events; such as Employer Expos, New Student Orientation, Open House, industry trade shows etc.
- Have good attendance and the ability to work well with others.
- Other duties as assigned.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=41905&clientkey=82B497C78D856557AF696B0975762145
Base Pay: $21 - 21/ HR
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903