Job Summary: (including but not limited to the following; other duties may be assigned):
Under limited supervision regularly and customarily performs and/or assists in the performance of any work required for the maintenance and operation of the plant equipment.
• Works alone or with others as part of a team as directed.
• May be required to oversee the work of others of similar or lesser classifications. At top step of progression, may be required to oversee the work of contractor personnel in the absence of supervision.
• Observes, records and evaluates data; maintains and reviews operational and maintenance reporting logs and performs other necessary clerical work incidental to the job.
• Will be assigned outside or inside duties. Will work shift work, scheduled work, over time or irregular hours as may be necessary or requested to maintain continuity of service of the station or system.
• Ensures adequate turnover of information between shifts.
• Reads blueprints, instruction manuals, and other similar documents as necessary for proper operation, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of equipment.
• Cooperates and communicates fully with all organizational personnel. Works alone or with others as required.
• Maintain high standards of safety and housekeeping.
• Must be knowledgeable of an act upon emergency procedures during non-routine situations to maintain personnel safety and continuity of service.
• High School or Vocational School education.
• Must have at least two (2) years' experience in power plant maintenance or operations, combustion turbine maintenance or the equivalent, such as prior job experience or military training OR an equivalent educational experience where the employee must have completed one (I) year in an Associates' Degree Program with courses in electricity, electronics, instrumentation ore a related field OR three (3) courses in one of those same fields with content satisfactory to the company in a post high school accredited curriculum.
• In depth knowledge of utility or industrial facility materials practices preferred.
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Planning and organizing skills.
• Safety awareness and adherence to regulatory, company and site policies and procedures.
• Decision making and problem solving skills.
• Create a climate conducive to team success. Cooperates fully with all other members of the organization and other departments. Must be able to deal properly with the public, vendors, contractors and in the best interest of the company.
• Must possess a valid driver's license at all times.
• Must be able to pass qualification tests prior to the Company awarding the position.
• Must be able to talk, walk, stand, sit, stoop, reach above shoulder, climb, and crawl, do heavy lifting, and must be able to see color.
• Must possess or obtain within six months valid TWIC credentials.
• Must pass back x-ray, hernia, hearing exam and like employment physical requirements.
• Training and progression testing will be administered as identified and developed. Failure to pass progression testing at any point will require remaining at the existing step of salary progression, with the employee eligible for retesting within the next six (6) months. Failure to pass any progression test a second time or complete required courses on schedule will result in the employee being discharged.
• Maintain high standards of safety, environmental compliance and housekeeping at all times.
Calpine requires an individual who is newly hired into this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 within the first 28 days of employment - if not already vaccinated prior to starting employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Calpine’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Calpine does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
Contact Person: Erin Lee
Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Application Method: Application
Base Pay: DOE
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903