Employer: Lamb Weston
Title: Electrical Technician
Location: Richland, WA
Country: United States of America
About Lamb Weston
Lamb Weston is a leading supplier of frozen potato, sweet potato, appetizer and vegetable products to restaurants and retailers around the world. For more than 60 years, we’ve produced innovative, inventive products that make life better for our customers and their customers.
Job Description Summary
This position performs repairs and maintenance in plant or office facilities, or on machines and equipment. Typically performs work in one or more of the maintenance trades: carpentry, plumbing, painting, machine and equipment repair, electrical, sheet metal fabrication, and welding. Conducts routine, periodic or special inspections to determine repair and maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdowns of facilities, machinery, and equipment. Uses hand and power tools. Tests, inspects, troubleshoots, and repairs machines and equipment.
- Demonstrates proper use of power tools (tool room provided). Use of drills, impacts, grinders, tachometers, calipers, hilti drills, strobe light, pipe threader, also including proper use of all hand tools required by provided list.
- Demonstrates proper housekeeping continuously to insure safe and clean conditions in all areas of his/her responsibilities.
- Demonstrates and complies with all Lockout/Tag out Policy and procedures.
- Acquires within 60 shifts of job assignment, ownership of the proper tools for the job. List provided by maintenance lead.
- Identifies and explains potential hazards and safety procedures associated with the task being performed.
- Close jobs / Complete job notes in SAP after work order is finished.
- Proficient at using Arc Flash safety equipment
- Good Mathematical skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Must be physically capable of performing work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair
electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures
- Must be certified and possess demonstrated ability to safely utilize a forklift and high lift
- Perform rigging activities, safety-related functions and other miscellaneous electrical functions
- Ability to assemble, install, test and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus’s and fixtures
- Complete the Richland New Hire Training Module
Basic & Preferred Qualifications
- Electrical license or Associate degree from a college or technical school or 2 years’ experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred
- This position must have a basic knowledge of electricity, general maintenance skills and ability through supervised in-plant training, self-study, or approved formal training programs in the following areas: 1) basic electricity; 2) electronic controls; 3) general plant maintenance
- Must be self-motivated, goal oriented, safety and environmentally conscious
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must have ability to read and interpret documents and the ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Must be willing to work overtime, any shift and any or all days of the week to support the 24/7 operation
Coupled with our compensation and bonus incentive programs, our benefits deliver rewards that are market competitive. Some of the most attractive elements of our benefit programs include:
Health Insurance Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision
Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care, and Health Reimbursement Accounts
Well-being programs including companywide events and a wellness incentive program
Paid Time Off
Financial Wellness – Industry leading 401(k) plan with generous company contributions, Financial Planning Services, Employee Stock purchase program, and Health Savings Accounts, Life and Accident insurance
Family-Friendly Employee events
Employee Assistance Program services – mental health and other concierge type services
Benefits may vary based on location, job role/level, job status, and/or the terms of any applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Job Requisition ID: Req-230369
Time Type: Full time
Lamb Weston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law
Location: Richland, WA
Application Method: https://lambweston.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Lamb_External/details/Electrical-Technician_Req-230369
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903