Employer: Lamb Weston
Title: Process Maintenance Mechanic
Location: Pasco, WA
Country: United States of America
About Lamb Weston
Lamb Weston is a leading supplier of frozen potato, sweet potato, appetizer and vegetable products to restaurants and retailers around the world. For more than 60 years, we’ve produced innovative, inventive products that make life better for our customers and their customers.
Job Description Summary
Repairs and maintains equipment and systems including but not limited to: receiving, sorting, conveying, pumping, weighing, peeling, scrubbing, blanching, cutting, drying, battering and frying to assure proper operation. Advises supervisory personnel on maintenance requirements, repairs equipment, and performs maintenance activities that sustains equipment reliability to maximize plant production and uptime.
- Maintains and promotes safe work practices always, assures that safe work practices are being followed in all work groups, and actively participates in safety programs.
- Performs and documents line checks, corrective maintenance and preventative maintenance, including the lubrication and inspection of equipment to sustain equipment reliability.
- Examines parts to detect imperfections, identify reason for failure, and to take corrective action.
- Performs and documents troubleshooting of electrical, pneumatic and mechanical systems and controls.
- Performs and documents removal, installation, disassembly, repair, and assembly of plant equipment.
- Evaluates equipment for performance, performs adjustments, etc., as needed to assure optimal equipment performance and the production of quality potato products.
- Performs non-routine maintenance jobs assigned by packaging maintenance Lead, Maintenance Team Leader, Team Leader Production, or Plant Management and will perform repairs with minimal supervision.
- Must understand and follow all applicable plant safety policies including but not limited to lockout / tagout procedures.
Basic & Preferred Qualifications
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED); two-year certificate from college or technical school or equivalent combination of three years education and related experience and/or training.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos in English. Ability to write accurate information in English. Ability to effectively present or listen to information in one‑on‑one and small group situations with all other employees of the organization in English.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and calculate proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be able to identify and name stainless steel, mild steel and aluminum.
- Maintains a neat, orderly work area.
- Follows instruction given in work logs, equipment manuals, etc.
- Repair or assist in repairs in other areas of the plant as instructed by the maintenance lead, Supervision or Management.
- Cut, weld and repair/install piping and equipment to company specifications using prints, sketches, diagrams and blue prints.
- Lays out and marks dimensions and reference lines on material to develop or trace patterns of parts or uses templates.
- Welds, solders, bolts, rivets, screws, clips, caulks, or bonds materials together.
Coupled with our compensation and bonus incentive programs, our benefits deliver rewards that are market competitive. Some of the most attractive elements of our benefit programs include:
Health Insurance Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision
Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care, and Health Reimbursement Accounts
Well-being programs including companywide events and a wellness incentive program
Paid Time Off
Financial Wellness – Industry leading 401(k) plan with generous company contributions, Financial Planning Services, Employee Stock purchase program, and Health Savings Accounts, Life and Accident insurance
Family-Friendly Employee events
Employee Assistance Program services – mental health and other concierge type services
Benefits may vary based on location, job role/level, job status, and/or the terms of any applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Job Requisition ID: Req-230367
Time Type: Full time
Lamb Weston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law
Location: Pasco, WA
Application Method: https://lambweston.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Lamb_External/details/Process-Maintenance-Mechanic_Req-230367
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903