EPIC, Enterprise for Progress in the Community, is a private, nonprofit organization, delivering early childhood
educational services to families in Central Washington for more than 35 years.
What We Believe:
The dignity and worth of the individual and respect for the diversity of cultures
Provision of quality services for the whole person
The value of families; the involvement of families in decisions which affect their members
Promoting the individual growth and development of our staff
Collaborating and cooperation with community partners based on need
Position Title: Payroll Accountant
Pay Range: $24.50 - $26.50 per hour (DOE)
Reports To: Controller
Payroll accountant processes all aspects of payroll, quarterly reports, ACA reporting, benefits, and other duties as assigned.
All work will be done in accordance with Head Start Performance Standards, State Licensing Requirements, Washington
Administrative Code and agency policies and procedures.
AA degree in Accounting/Business or related field and one-year experience in accounting procedures; Or
An equivalent combination of experience and/or training which demonstrates the required knowledge, skills and
abilities to perform the essential job functions.
Strong computer skills in spreadsheets.
Strong 10-key and computational skills.
Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
Ability to work in a team atmosphere and also with moderate amount of supervision.
Strong knowledge of accounting practices.
Ability to work under pressure to ensure that deadlines are always met.
Possess a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and required auto insurance.
Essential Job Functions:
Maintain strict confidentiality of employee information.
Process Payroll/HR including but not limited to the following:
1. Process all aspects of Payroll accurately and timely
2. Process longevity and retirement increases timely when required.
3. Reconcile/Process vendor billings assuring all expenses are properly posted to the General Ledger.
4. Reconcile/Process all payroll cash accounts and liabilities to the general ledger.
5. Reconcile/Process all payroll cash accounts to the bank statements
6. Reconcile retirement quarterly to MOA quarterly report and make corrections where needed.
7. Process quarterly reports.
8. Prepare annual W-2’s
9. Prepare annual ACA reporting
10. Maintaining employee files and filing timesheets
11. Assist Controller with preparation of reviews and annual audit work papers
12. Other Duties as assigned
Other: Our indirect team supports other positions within our office as needed. This may include but not limited to the
Supporting Accounts Payable
HR support with PINS (COLA, Minimum Wage, Startup, Layoff and New Programs)
HR support with benefits (startup, layoff and new programs)
Reconcile bank accounts
Make bank deposits
Agency bank reconciliations
Other duties as assigned
Other Job Functions:
Articulate EPIC’s mission, values and policies to staff and clients; demonstrate commitment to mission, values and
policies in the performance of daily duties.
Adhere to the values that reflect the working culture at EPIC. Thus, honoring and modeling these values as you carry out
your duties on a daily basis.
Communicates effectively by sharing concerns openly and honestly with appropriate staff members.
Working Conditions/Physical/Mental Abilities and Processes:
Work is performed both indoors and outdoors; adverse weather conditions present, depending on the season.
Work requires periods of sitting, walking, standing, bending, kneeling, squatting, twisting, turning, reaching, pulling,
pushing, climbing and carrying objects. Speaking, hearing, seeing and the ability to articulate clearly.
Ability to lift 20 pounds or a maximum of 50 pounds with dolly.
Potential exposure to blood borne pathogens;
Frequent exposure to cleaning products and chemicals.
Additional Job requirements:
1. As a condition of employment within 30 days of employment: 1) An initial health exam, including a TB skin test or chest
x-ray, will be conducted to verify that the employee is free from communicable diseases and is physically able to perform job
responsibilities. This exam will be performed by an EPIC Health Care Provider; at no cost to the employee.
2. Must complete Child Abuse and Neglect training.
3. Employment is conditional upon:
a. CEO/ Policy Council approval.
b. Being cleared by WSP and DEL criminal background check.
c. Fingerprinting check and state criminal background check where appropriate.
d. Passing EPIC’s pre-employment drug screen and physical examination.
Personal computer, telephone, copy and fax machines
Other Conditions of Employment:
1. Pass EPIC’s pre-employment drug screen
2. Cleared WSP criminal background check and/or fingerprinting check/state criminal background check
3. Complete child abuse and neglect training and all other mandated meetings.
4. Prior to employment complete an initial health exam by an EPIC Healthcare provider and a TB skin
test, at no cost to the employee.
5. COVID Vaccination
6. Executive Director approval and Policy Council approval
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: https://www.epicnet.org/jobs/
Base Pay: $24.50 - $26.50/ HR DOE
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903