Employer: Lamb Weston
Title: Boiler & Refrigeration Mechanic
Location: Boardman, OR
Country: United States of America
About Lamb Weston
Lamb Weston is a leading supplier of frozen potato, sweet potato, appetizer and vegetable products to restaurants and retailers around the world. For more than 60 years, we’ve produced innovative, inventive products that make life better for our customers and their customers.
Job Description Summary
The primary role of this position is support of supervision in managing and directing maintenance operations. Individuals must demonstrate effective and positive leadership skills. This position assists in administering company plans, policies, and procedures. This position is responsible for optimizing productivity and maintaining target quality and sanitation levels. Must have knowledge of plant safety, personal hygiene, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) and assist in administering these policies.
Accomplishes assigned repair and maintenance functions throughout the plant in an orderly and timely manner.
This position is responsible for start up, operation and shutdown of boiler and refrigeration equipment to assure its proper operation. Performs maintenance activities to maximize plant production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Maintains and promotes safe work practices at all times and assures that safe work practices are being followed in all work groups.
- Uses personal protective equipment to perform job safely
- Operator required to pass a pulmonary/fit test yearly. Due to the use of SCBA
- Ensures boiler and refrigeration system and related equipment are properly operated and maintained in an efficient manner.
- Typical activities will include troubleshooting, removal, installation, disassembly, repair, and assembly of boiler and refrigeration equipment.
- Performs routine checks and preventive maintenance established by the maintenance lead and maintenance team leader.
- Observes boiler and auxiliary units to detect malfunctions.
- May be required to perform emergency repairs with a minimum of supervision.
- Communicates boiler operations needs with production and maintenance departments, assuring safety requirements are met.
- Enforces and adheres to company and plant policies, work rules, and procedures.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area
- Operates a forklift in a safe manner
- Performs other duties as assigned by team leader
Basic & Preferred Qualifications
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
LME or Journeyman Electrician Preferred with Two-year certificate from college or technical school; or six to eight months related experience in Boiler Refrigeration.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate information to other employees of the organization in English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires you to be able to lift heavy objects in a safe manner. Also, a great deal of standing, bending, squatting, kneeling, reaching above your shoulders, climbing ladders, and crawling in tight, awkward work places for long periods of time is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires you to withstand varying temperatures from hot to cold (such as temperatures found in the freeze tunnel and cold storages), dusty areas, vibration, high humidity, fumes, and wet, muddy, and greasy areas.
Coupled with our compensation and bonus incentive programs, our benefits deliver rewards that are market competitive. Some of the most attractive elements of our benefit programs include:
- Health Insurance Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care, and Health Reimbursement Accounts
- Well-being programs including companywide events and a wellness incentive program
- Paid Time Off
- Financial Wellness – Industry leading 401(k) plan with generous company contributions, Financial Planning Services, Employee Stock purchase program, and Health Savings Accounts, Life and Accident insurance
- Family-Friendly Employee events
- Employee Assistance Program services – mental health and other concierge type services
Benefits may vary based on location, job role/level, job status, and/or the terms of any applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Contact Person: Hanna Guerrero
Location: Boardman, OR
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: $25.00-$30.00
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903