Employer: Yakima Chief Hops
Job Title: Refrigeration Mechanic Department: Plants & Facilities
Classification: Non-exempt, Hourly Reports to: Director of Facilities and Regulatory Compliance
1. Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in various types of industrial refrigeration (R22, R404a, R448a) maintenance.
2. Must demonstrate proficiency in trouble-shooting electrical (120VAC and 480 VAC) and PLC control systems.
3. Must be able to read and interpret Piping and Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID), particularly on Industrial Refrigeration.
4. Experience working with Heatcraft/Larkin condensing unit packages (R-448a and R-404a) and Copeland compressors such as IntelliGen and Beacon II systems.
5. Experience with Bitzer compressor (R-404a), condensing unit packages, G&D chillers or similar packages.
6. Able to safely replace mechanical and electrical components including motors, motor starters, switches, solenoids, pumps, refrigeration valves, and compressors.
7. Ability to troubleshoot and work on different systems such as Mechanical, Pneumatic, Hydraulic, Fabrication/Welding, Electrical, and including use of instrumentation devices, and system calibration.
8. Must be a self-starter dedicated to continuous quality improvement.
9. Ability to multi-task and strongly detail oriented.
10. Ability to adapt to changes paces.
11. Team player but can show the ability to work independently or in a team environment with positive attitude, obvious enthusiasm, initiative, pride and in work.
12. Proficient in written and verbal communication skills including use of email.
13. Able to respond to unplanned breakdowns with a sense of urgency including but not limited to nights, weekends, holidays, and extended daily hours.
14. Keep an open mind and remain teachable/coachable in any scenario.
15. Basic understanding of Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel, etc.
16. Able to maintain clean driving record due to inter-site refrigeration equipment and must pass random drug testing.
17. Stand/stoop for extended periods of time and lift 50lbs regularly.
18. Comfortable with heights in lifts and ladders.
Perform skilled maintenance, installation, repair and inspection work on complex industrial refrigeration equipment for YCH operations. Service, install and maintain HVAC equipment company wide in addition to providing electrical and plumbing services as needed across all facilities.
1. Fabricate and assemble structural and functional components of refrigeration system, using hand tools, power tools, and welding equipment with ease.
2. Install various types of refrigeration, HVAC, chiller, and air handling equipment.
3. Maintenance work will include interaction with different departments throughout SS and YK.
4. May work together with Vendors and outside Contractors.
5. Perform preventive maintenance on all facility equipment.
6. Use of eMaint Software and other applicable software to the department.
7. Create the appropriate Purchase Order and turn in PO to your Manager and/or Accounts Payable.
8. Ensure spare parts inventories or tools are stocked. It may entail going into town for picking and/or ordering these parts.
9. Assist all facilities with the following:
a. Plumping, electrical, and IT cabling/camera installations in accordance with local regulations and code requirements.
b. Fire suppression maintenance and emergency response
c. Snow removal, pest control
d. Door repair/installation for Lift Master operators and Rytec high speed doors
10. Be able to train/operate forklifts, man lifts, telehandlers, snorkel lifts, tilt deck trailers and snow removal equipment with confidence.
11. Insulate piping, shells and cabinets of systems.
12. Braze or solder parts to repair defective joints and leaks.
13. Observe, test, and validate system operation, using gauges and instruments.
14. Housekeeping: Keep working areas clean and organized.
15. Confer with department supervision or other personnel to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
16. Continuously look for ways to improve process efficiency and notify immediate supervisor of observations and recommendations.
17. Meet with your department supervisor and team members to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
18. Work in conjunction with Lean Manufacturing Principles.
19. Participation in safety trainings.
20. Be comfortable in confined/awkward spaces.
21. Maintain sanitary and safe work environment.
22. Practiced in safe work habits including LO/TO, Hot Work, Confined Space, and other company Safety Policy and Procedures.
23. Ensure that company safety policies as well as federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations are observed.
24. May be asked to participate on company’s Safety Committee.
25. May be required to develop and write SOPs.
26. Must have a complete understanding of company’s policies, PPE, SOPs, QPs, EPs, HACCP and cGMP
that pertain to their department, to ensure quality, safety, efficiency and sustainability.
27. Must adhere to all other company policies.
28. Follow all instructions from your manager or designee.
29. Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager and/or Manager’s designee.
Contact Person: Denisse Gutierrez
Location: Sunnyside, WA
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903