Employer: Yakima Valley College
Yakima Valley College is accepting applications for a Human Resource Consultant Assistant 1 (HRCA 1) in the Office of The President - Human Resources and Equity. This is a full-time classified position, beginning salary is $2,957 per month for 40 hours per week, with periodic increments up to $3,915, plus a full state benefits package.
Reporting to the Executive Director - Human Resources and Equity, the HRCA 1 will perform employee-oriented paraprofessional, technical, and clerical tasks in support of the college's human resource service operations. The HRCA 1 proactively provides information to clients and explains policies, rules and regulations applicable to human resource functional areas.
The HRCA 1 must represent the college in an effective, highly professional, friendly, and responsive manner.
- Answer phones and provide guidance with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use computer applications, including Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Receive, review, and ensure the accurate entry of new employee data into PeopleSoft;
- Provide professional-level assistance and guidance regarding multiple complex state employee benefit plans including: Medical, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance, multiple public employee retirement plans, flexible spending and dependent care plans,
- Explain medical and retirement benefits and options to employees, applicants, and beneficiaries
- Determine benefit eligibility and communicates changes to employees
- Enroll employees in medical and retirement programs
- Receive and route information regarding college safety programs, employee accident reports and Labor & Industries claims;
- Receive, review, route and file information regarding unemployment claims;
- Respond to inquiries and provide information about human resource rules, policies, regulations or procedures within functional areas of human resource services such as recruitment and hiring
processes, benefits eligibility criteria and program offerings, classification, compensation and/or leave rules and procedures;
- General clerical duties such as answering phones, opening mail, generating correspondence;
- Schedule and arrange employment examinations and interviews;
- Assist in maintaining electronic application software;
- Receive, review, and complete employment verification requests;
- Request and review employee transcripts;
- Maintain accurate and confidential personnel files and employment documentation;
- Ensure records are retained per the appropriate retention schedule and moved to archives as required;
- Assist human resource staff in administering a variety of human resource functions;
- Assist in developing internal office procedures;
- May direct the work of others, including work study and/or hourly employees within human resources;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Microsoft Excel, Access, and Word at an intermediate level.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess strong organizational skills;
- Strong critical thinking skills; ability to analyze data and resolve problems;
- Maintain filing system (electronic and/or hard copy).
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality at all times;
- Work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds with respect to, but not limited to socio-economic, cultural, ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, age, color, marital status, disabilities, veteran status, national origin, religion;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, peers, supervisors, college personnel, faculty, students,
- Three years of office experience including at least six months of experience in a human resource or related setting
- An Associate's degree with an emphasis in human resources, business management or related field
- Experience using PeopleSoft
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/yvccwa/jobs/3627265/human-resource-consultant-assistant-1?page=3&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Base Pay: $35,484 - $46,980/ YR
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903