WSDOT Division of Accounting and Financial Services (AFS) is seeking a committed payroll professional to fill the Fiscal Analyst 1 position on the payroll team. Under the direct/close supervision of the WSDOT Assistant Payroll Manager – Payments & Deductions, the future incumbent will have journey level responsibility for ensuring the department complies with payroll related state and federal reporting requirements. The Fiscal Analyst 1 makes independent decisions that are within the established processes and methods and performs fiscal actions pertaining to employee mandatory and voluntary payroll deductions. The incumbent has a working knowledge of all collective bargaining agreements in so far as the impact the timing and method of processing payments and deductions.
AFS delivers high quality financial services, consultation, and training that support WSDOT in providing safe, reliable, and cost-effective transportation options to improve livable communities and economic vitality. This position supports the AFS mission by ensuring the efficient, accurate, and timely delivery of payroll, payroll accounting activities, and payroll and labor reporting.
What to Expect
Among the varied range of responsibilities held within this role, the Fiscal Analyst will:
- Processes payroll miscellaneous payments and deductions, including W-4s and EFTs (Direct Deposit) Union Dues, Credit Union Deductions, Phone Stipend Allowance, Commute Trip Mileage, taxable fringe benefits (Gift Cards and Same Day Meals while in Travel Status), and any other miscellaneous payments and deductions forms.
- Analyzes and verifies addresses and signatures of W-4 and EFTs to comply with WSDOT policies.
- Analyzes and verifies AFRS report validating physical checks for MDRs that are received.
- Executes remittance reports out of HRMS to insert with physical checks and mails out to the 3rd party Vendors (MDRs).
- Verifies on Day 3 of payroll cutoff for petty cash checks issued, that the funds are being deducted out of current payroll to prevent employee being paid twice.
- Verifies on Day 4 of payroll cutoff the deduction processed through HRMS for current payroll.
To be considered for this opportunity, the following are required:
- High School Diploma (or equivalent).
- One (1) year of experience in the financial field (Additional education may substitute for experience).
- Knowledge of, and the ability to perform financial review and analysis of payroll fiscal data in accordance with federal and state regulations pertaining to assigned payroll functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Skilled in organizing and prioritizing daily tasks and switching between multiple daily tasks.
- Skilled in Basic functions of Microsoft Excel and Word software programs.
- Attend work during regularly assigned hours at assigned worksite.
It is preferred that qualified candidates also have:
- 18 quarter/12 semester credits in accounting.
- Payroll or Human Resources experience.
Location: Olympia, WA
Application Method: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/wsdot/jobs/3641513/fiscal-analyst-1?page=5&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Base Pay: $38,952 - $51,888/ YR
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903