Employer: TC Energy
Our USGO Borders West South team is evolving to meet the needs of our growing business and we are expanding our presence in Washington to support the operation and maintenance of our natural gas pipelines and associated facilities throughout Wallula and the surrounding area.
We are seeking a Multi-Skilled Technician who has a high level of competency in the operations and maintenance of electronic and/or electrical equipment and an intermediate level of competency in mechanical skills.
This individual must be a self-starter, capable of working with minimal supervision, who possesses strong analytical, troubleshooting and decision-making skills.
This position is represented by the IBEW Local Union #1245 and filling of this position is subject to the terms and conditions of the governing collective agreement.
What you’ll do
• Perform installation, testing, repair and maintenance on compressor station equipment, pipeline facilities, metering and regulating equipment, communication systems and other facilities related to the pipeline system
• Perform routine and major maintenance on gas turbine packages, gas compressor units and associated auxiliary equipment
• Perform service and repair to mechanical measurement or control equipment such as meters, regulators and valves
• Responsible for power/electrical process controls (including hazardous area equipment), programmable logic controllers (PLC’s), electric generation equipment and microwave multiplex equipment
• Administrative, clerical and warehousing activities
• Complete work orders, enter data into job plans, create new work orders, etc. in SAP
• Other tasks as required
• Two-year college electrical degree or equivalent electrical experience
• Relevant oil and gas industry experience
• Competency in rigging, interpreting technical reference documents and the use of precision measuring tools
• Experience in maintaining and troubleshooting turbine engines
• Knowledge of internal combustion engines, centrifugal gas compressors, and standby generators
• Industrial experience in a plant environment
This position requires candidates to
• Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record
• Successfully complete a pre-employment medical screening, to include drug and alcohol testing
• Carry a cell phone and work a rotating on-call schedule
• Work extended days and/or weeks for emergency response purposes
• Occasionally travel to other company locations for temporary assignments, meetings or training which would involve some overnight stays away from home
• Be subject to working conditions which include adverse weather and temperatures, heavy lifting and cramped conditions
• Climb and work on the upper part of compressor buildings (both inside and out)
Driving a motor vehicle is an essential job function of this position. Following a conditional offer of employment, the Company will check the motor vehicle records of any job applicant when driving is an essential job function.
**Posting Period Deadline is July 28th**
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.
Location: Wallula, WA
Application Method: https://tcenergy.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/CAREER_SITE_TC/job/Wallula-Washington/Multi-Skilled-Technician--Controls----Borders-West---GTN-South_JR-00024
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903