Employer: Graphic Packaging International
Position Summary: Perform work involving the Mechanical, Electrical and Fabrication skills to keep all production machines and support equipment in reliable repair. Duties involve repairing mechanical equipment; installing, aligning and the setup of new equipment along with programming of PLC's, working with ladder logic and motor control systems in a 24/7 production facility.
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly and operate efficiently.
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
- Use tools ranging from hand and power tools, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Assemble, install or repair wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery, and equipment.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Dismantle devices to access and remove defective parts, using hoists, forklifts, hand tools, and power tools.
- Plan and lay out repair work, using diagrams, drawings, blueprints, maintenance manuals, and schematic diagrams.
- Effectively and efficiently submit part orders and repair reports.
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments, using hand tools and metering equipment.
- Operate cutting torches or welding equipment.
Knowledge: S. Education or equivalent, computer literate.
Skills: Mechanical, electrical, communication.
Abilities: Good attendance, guide teams/processes, ability to work alone.
Core Values: Demonstrates qualities of our Core Values – Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships & Teamwork
Journeyman’s license a plus
Tech School or college degree a plus but not necessary.
Must be able to work 8 or 12 hour shifts plus overtime as required
Monitoring plant performance
Complex Problem Solving
Properly Utilize Electrical Precision Measuring Devices
Operation and Control
Engineering and Technology
Standing: 34-66% of time
Walking: 34-66% of time
Pushing/Pulling: Frequently with a force of 35#. Occasionally with a force of 45#. Rarely with a force of 15#
Lifting: Occasionally 10-60#. Occasional front carry and floor to waist lift of 75-100# completed by two people
Frequent stair climbing, kneeling, crouching, balance, forward bending/standing, right and left hand coordination.
Occasional right and left hand grip, elevated work, repetitive squat, repetitive reaching, step ladder climbing, rotation sitting.
Medical, Dental, Vision
401(k) (matching 100% on the first 4% and 50% on the next 3%)
Life Insurance/AD&D/Short and Long Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Tuition Reimbursement after 1 year of employment
Contact Person: Sara Perez
Email: [email protected]
Location: Vancouver, WA
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903