Employer: Kaiser Permanente
Assists in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of the Physician and/or Designee.
- Interviews patients and measure vital signs and other pertinent information as required by department. Records information in patients medical record. Prepares treatment rooms and patients for examination. Assists clinician with care of the patient. Inventories, orders and replenishes medical supplies and materials. Gives treatments and performs routine laboratory tests as required by department.
- Schedules appointments, performs clinical tasks and completes appropriate forms as required by department. May be responsible for administering medications, including injections. May be responsible for cleaning, processing, sterilizing and checking instruments. Performs computer data entry functions. Performs clinical/technical skills specific to the department. Performs other related duties as necessary. Customer Service: Practices customer service standards as defined by the Medical Center and specified department.
- Anticipates the customers needs, takes proactive steps to meet those needs, by listening and taking responsibility within scope to ensure issues are resolved. Promptly responds to alarms and patient requests. Facilitates the customers ability to utilize resources. Assures a clean, orderly, and functional work environment. Team Commitment: Is an effective team member who is flexible, cooperative, and willing to assist others.
- Manages difficult or conflict situations constructively and seeks appropriate assistance. Takes accountability for own actions. Acts as a resource and mentor to new employees, students, and other team members. Actively participates in departmental professional development activities. Adheres to Attendance Policy. Supports a collaborative labor-management partnership environment.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum six (6) months of experience or successful completion of Kaiser Permanente externship.
Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have this experience requirement waived.
High School Diploma/GED.
Completion of a course of study consistent with the requirements for Medical Assistants as specified by the Medical Board of California.
License, Certification, Registration
Basic Life Support
Medical Terminology Certificate or equivalent experience.
Ability to read, write, and comprehend medical information.
Ability to effectively present information, both verbal and written.
Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
Refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
Demonstrated ability to use personal computer.
Primary Location: California,Roseville,Roseville Eureka Medical Offices 1
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 1
Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri,
Working Hours Start: 08:15 AM
Working Hours End: 04:45 PM
Job Schedule: Call-in/On-Call
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: A01|SEIU|United Healthworkers
Job Level: Entry Level
Department: Roseville Hospital - Other Sub Specialties-C - 0206
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Location: Roseville, CA
Application Method: https://www.kaiserpermanentejobs.org/job/roseville/medical-assistant/641/32435713328
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903