Employer: Mount Adams Fruit
Mount Adams Fruiy
Position: Refrigeration Mechanic
Compensation: Starting Wage $25.00/hr ; $1,000 BONUS + Other bonuses
Schedule: Mon – Fri, 7am-3:30pm; 30 minute Lunch; Schedule varies during Cherry Harvest
Grow with us! It's the fabric of all that we are. We want to partner with your success and grow together. Mount Adams Fruit is in the business of growing World Class Fruit & People!
The Refrigeration Mechanic is responsible to ensure the mechanical integrity of the ammonia refrigeration system. This position reports directly to the Refrigeration Supervisor in performance of their duties.
● Repairing and Maintaining Mechanical Equipment — Servicing, repairing, adjusting, and testing machines, devices, moving parts, and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of mechanical (not electronic) principles.
● Handling and Moving Objects — Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
● Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings — Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
● Getting Information — Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
● Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events — Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
● Repairing and Maintaining Electronic Equipment — Servicing, calibrating, regulating, fine-tuning, or testing machines,
● Making Decisions and Solving Problems — Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
● Performing General Physical Activities — Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
● Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material — Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
● Operating Vehicles, Mechanized Devices, or Equipment — Running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts and/or passenger vehicles.Braze or solder parts to repair defective joints and leaks.
● Observe and test system operation, using gauges and instruments.
● Test lines, components, and connections for leaks.
● Dismantle malfunctioning systems and test components, using electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic testing equipment.
● Adjust or replace worn or defective mechanisms and parts, and reassemble repaired systems.
● Read blueprints to determine location, size, capacity, and type of components needed to build refrigeration system.
● Install wiring to connect components to an electric power source.
● Perform mechanical overhauls and refrigerant reclaiming.
● Cut, bend, thread, and connect pipe to functional components and water, power, or refrigeration system
● Monitor refrigeration process control systems
● Respond to refrigeration alarms to identify, diagnose and correct system malfunctions and deficiencies.
● Other plant maintenance may be required of a general nature not specifically related to refrigeration duties.
● The certification and use of Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) required.
● Work in controlled atmosphere storage rooms.
● Performs other functions and duties as assigned by supervisor.
Ability/Experience using the Following Tools:
Levels — Bubble levels; Laser levels; Precision levels; Water levels
Handheld thermometer — Temperature gauges; Thermometers; Water temperature gauges
Pipe or tube cutters — Pipe cutters; Tube cutters
Soldering irons or guns — Soldering guns; Soldering irons
Power drills — Cordless drills; Drills; Electric drills
Pressure indicators — Gas pressure gauges; Magnehelic gauges
Platform lift — Platform lifts; Staging equipment
Have Obtained or Demonstrate the Ability to obtain the following Knowledge & Skills:
Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services
Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications
Public Safety and Security — Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions
Building and Construction — Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
Design — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Troubleshooting — Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
Installation — Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
Operation Monitoring — Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Repairing — Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
Equipment Selection — Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
Equipment Maintenance — Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
● Prefer High School Diploma or GED
● Some College or Trade School
● Previous experience with Mechanical Labor
● Must have good communication skills oral and written.
● Must be flexible and adaptable to constantly changing schedules.
● Ability to make decisions under pressure, insufficient time and incomplete information is a must. This person must be decisive allowing room to adapt decisions as changes conditions present.
● Excellent physical ability
● Ability to Lift, pull, and push
● Ability to Lift overhead
● Good time management
● Good decision making skills
● Ability to work well with others
● Ability to give and receive direction
● Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations
● Ability to work overtime as needed
● Good verbal and written communication skills
● Good problems solving and organizational skills
● Good interpersonal skills
Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
Independence — Job requires developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
Innovation — Job requires creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems.
Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
Self Control — Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
Persistence — Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
Leadership — Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
All regular/full-time employees qualify for benefits. Those include:
X Group Health Insurance
● Drug Prescription
● Free Access to our Company Sponsored Health Clinic
X Life Insurance
X 401(k) Company Match
X WA Paid Sick Leave
X Holiday Pay
X WA PFML
Contact Person: Nick Reeves
Location: Bingen, WA
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: $25 DOE
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903