Employer: Wagstaff, Inc.
Wagstaff manufactures equipment for aluminum producers, who process formed aluminum into parts and products you use every day.
As an employee of Wagstaff, you’ll enjoy:
FREE medical/dental/vision benefits
Paid non-working holidays
Monthly, site-wide BBQs
8% retirement match
1200 Sqft onsite gym, accessible 24/hrs a day
Family friendly, company-wide events
Want to learn more about Wagstaff? Join us for a virtual tour! https://www.careerexplorenw.org/fieldtrip?tour=Wagstaff
Perform various kinds of welding, brazing, and cutting using gas and electric welding equipment.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Receive instructions, prints, and work orders for the job. Plan details of working procedure, tools and material requirements
- Fabricate equipment by cutting, burning, and welding various metals. Repair equipment by using appropriate welding techniques and welding equipment
- Adhere to design specifications and related welding procedure specification documents
- Cleans and prepares surfaces to be welded. Sets up, assembles, and tacks weld parts
- Use calibrated precision measuring instruments to make sure the work meets specification. Record dimensions on Quality Assurance Forms (QAF)
- Participate in design reviews
- Identify and initiate product/process improvements
- Document work processes
- Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly
- Abide by company policies
- In order to achieve business objectives, work weeks in excess of 40 hours may be required
- Willingness and ability to cross-train
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of five (5) years welding experience required
- May substitute two (2) years experience for Associate of Arts degree in Welding Technology
- May substitute one (1) year experience for accredited trade or vocational welding certificate
- Minimum requirements shall be in conformance with the Structural Welding Code for Steel standard with the following specifications:
- Test Position: 3G or greater
- Joint type: complete joint penetration groove weld qualifying for unlimited thickness
- Material: ASTM A36 mild steel or equivalent material specified as a Group 2 prequalified base metal
- Processes: Flux core Arc Welding (FCAW) and/or Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW)
Ability to interpret mechanical drawings for proper applications of tolerances, fit, and process control
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to moving mechanical parts, machinery and equipment, and vibration. The employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. While performing some job duties, there is a risk of electrical shock and other risks associated with a manufacturing environment. Job duties may require work in high, precarious places, work in outside weather conditions, and exposure to extreme temperatures in some cases. The noise level in the working environment is often loud. Because of this environment and associated risks, use of job appropriate personal protective equipment and clothing is required.
Employment at Wagstaff is dependent on successfully passing a company-paid drug screening and background check upon hire.
Wagstaff, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Location: Spokane Valley, WA
Application Method: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/1132642
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903