Employer: Wagstaff, Inc.
Wagstaff manufactures equipment for aluminum producers, who process formed aluminum into parts and products you use every day.
As an employee of Wagstaff, you’ll enjoy:
FREE medical/dental/vision benefits
Paid non-working holidays
Monthly, site-wide BBQs
8% retirement match
1200 Sqft onsite gym, accessible 24/hrs a day
Family friendly, company-wide events
Pay: $18+ Depending on Experience
Want to learn more about Wagstaff? Join us for a virtual tour! https://www.careerexplorenw.org/fieldtrip?tour=Wagstaff
Perform finishing, assembly, and testing processes for components, assemblies, and systems that comprise Wagstaff’s products.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Finishing, assembling, installation, and testing of components and assemblies of products including but not limited to; mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, fluid, and pneumatic equipment applications
- Cleaning, sanding, cutting, bending, de-burring, painting, and polishing of products
- Testing of components, assemblies, and systems for correct operation and performance
- Perform fit-up and testing of major components and assemblies according to product specifications and product assembly procedures
- Maintain proper and accurate paperwork including completion of inspection documentation
- Follow documented procedures and apply product and process knowledge to assist in planning sequences of operations when documented procedures do not exist or apply
- Perform housekeeping, organization, and maintenance of work area and tools
- Perform inspection of products using inspection equipment applicable to the task
- Perform material processes and procedures, as trained when needed
- Cross train and mentor co-workers
- Identify product / process improvements and participate with co-workers to implement these improvements
- In order to achieve business objectives, work weeks in excess of 40 hours may be required
- Maintain a high degree of quality
- Function as a team member and support other teams
- Abide by company policies
- Assist with customer required Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT)
- Periodic domestic and international travel required depending upon customer and company business needs
- Painting and sandblasting of product
- Threading of conduit and pipe
- Other duties as assigned
High School diploma or GED
Experience with hand tools, including but not limited to, drills, grinders and sanders
Ability to use, read and interpret a tape measure
Ability to understand and interpret mechanical drawings (blueprints)
Forklift and overhead crane operation experience
Two (2) years of Product Assembler 1 experience at Wagstaff
While performing the duties of this job on Wagstaff premises, work is performed primarily in an adequately lit, well ventilated, climate controlled general office environment. Close computer work is regularly required. The work usually involves minimal physical exertion. The noise level in the general office environment is usually moderate.
This job may require occasional or more frequent interaction with employees on the manufacturing shop floor. While on the shop floor, the employee may be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risks of moving equipment and parts, and other risks associated with a manufacturing environment. Because of this environment and associated risks, coordination with shop floor managers/employees may be necessary before entering the shop floor, and use of job appropriate personal protective equipment and clothing is required on the shop floor. The noise level on the shop floor is often loud.
This job may also require occasional or more frequent travel to and work at customer sites. While at customer sites, the employee may be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risks of moving equipment and parts, and other risks associated with a construction and/or manufacturing environment. Because of this environment and associated risks, coordination with customer managers/employees may be necessary before entering the customer site, and use of job appropriate personal protective equipment and clothing is required at customer sites. The noise level at the customer sites is often loud.
Employment at Wagstaff is dependent on successfully passing a company-paid drug screening and background check upon hire.
Wagstaff, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Location: Spokane Valley, WA
Application Method: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/1141180
Base Pay: $18/ HR DOE
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903