Employer: Whitman Hospital & Medical Clinics
WHMC is looking for an individual to join our team as Medical Receptionist!
This position serves as a front desk receptionist. With duties including daily office activities; performing related office duties; monitoring office procedures; resolves problems through collaboration with supervisor and manager to ensure smooth operations.
80 hours per pay period (two weeks)
Promotes a Positive Working Environment
- Conducts oneself in line with organization’s mission, values and standards of behavior.
- Accepts change and challenges with a positive attitude.
- Consistently adheres to organizational policy.
- Builds relationships and works collaboratively with other staff.
- Provides timely operational updates to supervisor.
- Responds to communications in a timely manner.
Performs Duties Efficiently and Effectively
- Follows procedures.
- Acts in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provides information to patients and visitors and others making inquiries at the front desk.
- Operates multiple phone line system and admission telephone per appropriate established procedures.
- Performs general filing and typing/keying as needed.
- Schedules all appointments.
Patient Accounts and Registration
- Interviews patients or their representatives to obtain demographic and billing information via the registration area.
- Assists patients in completing the appropriate consent forms.
- Updates patient type changes based on Physician’s orders.
- Verifies insurance coverage eligibility and insures insurance info is entered properly in the system.
- Receives and digitize daily files into appropriate network folders.
- Receives and digitize patient documents into the Electronic medical record system.
- Assures integrity of the medical record by performing quality checks on scanned documents for proper entry and scanning.
- Organizes the document images by indexing all scanned documents to proper locations within the electronic medical record.
Release of Information
- Use knowledge of hospital policies to verify requests for copies.
- Copy patent charts for release of information to outside agencies and/or physicians.
- Log releases in to Meditech.
- Process the billing for releases.
- Organizes administrative office files including maintaining office record keeping and filing systems according to hospital, state, and federal regulations.
- Greets patients, guests, staff, members of the community, and other visitors arriving for appointments or meetings.
Experience working in an office setting
Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
Associates Degree in business, communication, or other related field.
Experience working in a healthcare setting.
Two years reception experience
Whitman Hospital & Medical Clinics is an equal opportunity employer, who is committed to applying fair and lawful human resources policies and practices in all areas of employment. Every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Whitman Hospital & Medical Clinics will not engage in or tolerate any discrimination in the workplace prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Employees will not be discriminated against based on his or her race, sex, gender, religion, creed, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, national origin, genetics, military or veterans status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Location: Colfax, WA
Application Method: https://us62e2.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/whitman/Posting/View/149
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903