Employer: Whitman Hospital & Medical Clinics
The Medical Assistant promotes and restores patient health by assisting in the nursing process, collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members, providing physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families under the delegation of a healthcare provider.
80 hours per pay period (2 weeks)
Promotes a Positive Working Environment
- Conducts oneself in line with organization’s mission, values and standards of behavior.
- Accepts change and challenges with a positive attitude.
- Consistently adheres to organizational policy.
- Builds relationships and works collaboratively with other staff.
- Provides timely operational updates to supervisor.
- Responds to communications in a timely manner.
Performs Duties Efficiently and Effectively
- Follows procedures.
- Acts in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Prepares examination and treatment areas.
- Prepares patients by collecting vitals, bringing them to an exam room, starting data collection and entering it into the EMR.
- Understands sterile technique and prepares for sterile procedures.
- Assists the physician on healthcare provider with examinations, treatments and procedures.
- Obtains specimens for testing. Ensures specimens are properly labeled.
- Triages patient phone calls and consults with the physician or healthcare provider.
- Coordinates patient flow to maximize patient satisfaction.
- Documents data collected during the patient care process.
- Inputs orders and/or referrals as requested by the physician or healthcare provider.
- Cleans exam rooms between patients in accordance with current policies
- Prepares and stocks exam rooms and lab area.
- Communicates supply needs with the Clinic Supervisor, or designee.
- Performs drug and breath alcohol testing.
- Administer vaccinations at the request of the healthcare provider; maintains patient vaccination records.
- Maintains medications for proper logging, expiration dates and proper labels.
- Participates in the performance and completion of quality assessment techniques in the clinical area.
- Adheres to safety practices/OSHA guidelines in the workplace.
- Always takes immediate corrective action if indicated and reports problems to appropriate personnel for potential or actual safety hazards.
- Travels to other clinics as assigned.
Must apply for credentialing as a Medical Assistant-Registered in Washington within 7 days of hire.
Must obtain credentialing as a Medical Assistant-Registered in Washington within 60 days of hire.
Current AHA BLS certification.
Medical Assistant-Phlebotomy Certified.
Certified X-ray Technician.
Whitman Hospital & Medical Clinics is an equal opportunity employer, who is committed to applying fair and lawful human resources policies and practices in all areas of employment. Every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Whitman Hospital & Medical Clinics will not engage in or tolerate any discrimination in the workplace prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Employees will not be discriminated against based on his or her race, sex, gender, religion, creed, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, national origin, genetics, military or veterans status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Location: Colfax, WA
Application Method: https://us62e2.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/whitman/Posting/View/174
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903