Employer: Washington State University
Under general supervision the IT System Administrator will independently perform various complex tasks required to monitor, maintain, and enhance all Carson College of Business (CCB) Server Infrastructure used by CCB faculty and staff. This includes all components of the system, including physical, virtual, hardware, or software as well as server technology in support of CCB courses with a technology component. Develop, test, implement and/or maintain systems in a production enterprise environment providing consultation and analysis of technology needs. In addition, this position provides support to the CCB Help Desk for the integration of user workstations into the CCB infrastructure. Respond to system emergencies and resolve system outages that may occur outside of normal working hours.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 7 years of professional experience. Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Ability to perform Enterprise Server System Administration work effectively with general supervision while managing a wide variety of Windows servers and desktops working in an Enterprise Active Directory environment.
- Experience in Microsoft Windows server administration.
- Experience with database technologies (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, etc.) and experience using SQL query tools.
- Experience in networking technologies as they relate to systems infrastructure.
- Experience implementing system backups and monitoring in a large server environment.
- Experience automating systems work using common scripting tools.
- Extensive customer service experience in a corporate, education or retail environment.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends on occasion and to travel.
- Experience with Cloud Based Server/System Administration.
- Experience with systems monitoring and alerting solutions.
- Experience in administration of Linux servers.
- Experience leading the work of others.
- Experience building training and documentation materials.
- Demonstrated communication skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft server tools such as SCCM, SCOM, Forefront products (TMG, Endpoint Protection), Hyper-V, Failover Clustering.
- Experience in Higher Education.
Area/College: Carson College of Business
Department Name: CCB Office of Technology
City, State, Zip: Pullman, WA 99164
Department Link: business.wsu.edu
Monthly Salary: Range #06IT, $6,672 - $8,755 (Range A through L). Successful candidates typically begin at the beginning of the salary range and receive scheduled salary increment increases in accordance with WAC 357-28.
Posting Close Date: Applicants must submit their completed application by Wednesday, July 13, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
Background Check: This position has been designated by the department to require a background check.
Application Instructions: Applicants must attach the following documents to their online application: 1) resume and 2) cover letter. Application materials should clearly communicate how the applicant meets all required qualifications and additional requirements. Applicants are required to include contact information for professional references within the application.
1) Cover Letter
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veteran, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
Location: Pullman, WA
Application Method: https://wsu.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WSU_Jobs/details/IT-System-Administrator--Carson-College-of-Business_R-6328
Base Pay: $6,672 - $8,755/ MO
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903