WSDOT is currently seeking to fill a Fiscal Specialist Supervisor vacancy in Lacey, WA. In this role, you will provide supervision and oversight for administrative, fiscal, and budgetary authority on various facets of the Olympic Region (OR) shops including Regionwide Crews, Traffic, Traffic Signals, and Facilities. This position will be responsible for overseeing the administrative support staff and providing a high-level administrative and fiscal support. As the Fiscal Specialist Supervisor, you will serve in partnership with the Traffic Engineer, Signals Superintendent, Facilities Manager, Regionwide Crews Superintendent, and associated budget managers to provide status reports and ensure that payments
are made in a timely and accurate fashion. The successful candidate will have exceptional leadership skills, a positive attitude, and a strong attention for detail.
What to Expect
The Fiscal Specialist Supervisor will supervise office support staff and implement complex administrative duties, as well as coordinate work methods, flow, and functions for the Crews.
Among the varied range of responsibilities held within this role, the Fiscal Specialist Supervisor will:
- Oversee, manages, and supervise all fiscal processes, tasks, and functions for assigned organizational units.
- Perform research and provides guidance on complex fiscal functions.
- Ensure payroll records are correctly entered into time, leave, and attendance system (DOTtime); review, resolve and coordinate employee data entry, coding accuracy, leave, shift differentials, and overtime in payroll program.
- Maintain compliance with current WSDOT rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Maintain and modify fiscal record keeping systems, databases, and spreadsheets; maintain accounts and records.
- Prepare, audit, verify, and process final documents, such as vouchers, purchase requests, invoices, and receipts and takes corrective action if necessary.
- Assist in making travel arrangements for staff; maintain records of travel itineraries; audit, review, and process travel expenses, travel advance forms, and/or other payment vouchers using the Transportation Reporting and Accounting Information System (TRAINS).
- Establish and develop fiscal procedures, standards, methods, and priorities in support of various fiscal activities.
- Provide excellent customer service with internal and external customers.
To be considered for this opportunity, the following are required:
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible experience providing fiscal support in areas such as budget maintenance, payroll, purchasing, travel, expenditure control, and/or fiscal analysis.
- Intermediate proficiency with fiscal management and timekeeping software programs.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, to include Word, Excel, and Outlook.
It is preferred that qualified candidates also have:
- Two (2) years of experience in a supervisor position.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring staff.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to clearly present and communicate information to diverse groups. Knowledge of effective oral communication skills, such as active listening.
- Knowledge of and experience interpreting state and federal laws, collective bargaining agreements, and policies/procedures regarding leave and employee compensation.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and the ability to apply accounting techniques.
- Knowledge of basic math and accounting principles.
- Organizational and time management skills to meet competing deadlines and priorities.
- Experience with WSDOT accounting software, to include Purchase Card Management System (PCMS).
This recruitment may also be used to fill additional positions per business needs.
This position offers flexible/hybrid remote work options.
The salary listed for this position includes a general wage increase of 3.25%, effective July 1, 2022.
Core business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
By issuance of proclamation, the Governor of Washington State mandates that all employees who work for executive cabinet agencies (which includes the Department of Transportation) must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This is a condition of employment with WSDOT. Exemption may be granted for religious or medical purposes; however, accommodations will be subject to approval based on the essential functions required of the position.
WSDOT does not use the E-Verify system. For more information, please visit www.uscis.gov
Work-Life Balance – We offer flexible work schedules that allow you time for your life outside of this excellent opportunity.
Paid Leave – In addition to 11 paid holidays, full-time employees earn a minimum 14 paid vacation days per year!
Tuition Assistance – Permanent employees have several options for assistance with education expenses, including tuition reimbursement programs, government discounts at participating colleges throughout the state, and eligibility for federal student loan forgiveness.
Plan For Your Future – WSDOT offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a variety of healthcare options. Employees also have their choice of state retirement programs, and much more. Go to State Benefits for more information.
Check out this video to learn more: Why WSDOT?
How to Apply
Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Your relevant experience may be evaluated to determine salary. Therefore, it is very important that the “Work Experience” portion of the application be completed in as much detail as possible.
In order to be considered for this opportunity, please include the following with your online application:
An attached Resume outlining (in reverse chronological order) your experience to date.
An attached Cover Letter that further explains your qualifications and indicates why you believe you are a viable candidate for this role.
Contact details for a minimum three (3) individuals who can attest to your work performance, technical skills, and job-related competencies. NOTE: This information may be entered in the “References” section of the online application; does not require an additional attachment.
Location: Lacey, WA
Application Method: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/wsdot/jobs/3622906/fiscal-specialist-supervisor?page=4&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Base Pay: $49,404 - $60,156/ YR
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903