WSDOT is looking for an energetic and motivated individual to take on fiscal and administrative tasks at the Maintenance Office located in Lacey, WA. Under the supervision of the Fiscal Specialist Supervisor, you will provide fiscal activity support by applying principles of established procedures in recording, summarizing, and reporting fiscal activities in a variety of work areas, such as recordkeeping, auditing, analysis, budgeting, payroll, travel, purchasing, and other types of fiscal operations. The successful candidate will serve as a point of contact for employees, external customers, and payroll staff for fiscal related questions. You will certainly thrive in this position if you have experience in customer service, knowledge of purchasing and payment reconciliation, and possess strong attention to detail.
What to Expect
Among the varied range of responsibilities held within this role, the Fiscal Technician will:
- Maintain and modify fiscal record keeping systems, databases, accounts, records, and spreadsheets.
- Authorize and enter fiscal transactions; compile and prepare periodic fiscal statements and reports.
- Prepare, audit, verify, and process final documents, such as vouchers, purchase requests, invoices, and receipts and takes corrective action if necessary.
- Enter payment voucher information into WSDOT mainframe computer accounting system, and/or enters coding and scan copies into the Purchase Card Management System (PCMS).
- Obtain approval and receiving signature(s); assure that copies are made, and originals forwarded to accounting for processing of payment, all in a timely manner to ensure prompt payment.
- Ensure payroll records are correctly entered into time, leave, and attendance system (DOTtime); review, resolve and coordinate employee data entry, coding accuracy, leave, shift differentials, and overtime in payroll program.
- Serve as primary contact and receptionist for assigned organizational units.
- Assist travelling public with questions or concerns.
- Maintain records and correspondence of sensitive and confidential personnel matters.
To be considered for this opportunity, the following are required:
- Two (2) year of general clerical/fiscal experience (education may substitute on a year for year basis).
- Experience interpreting and presenting departmental policies in verbal and written communications.
- Experience with office equipment, including computer software, printer, copier, scanner, fax, calculator, and multi-line telephone.
- Broad computer technology and software skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Products, web-based and mainframe programs.
- Experience providing excellent customer service to diverse clientele.
It is preferred that qualified candidates also have:
- Two years of experience performing standard accounting and payroll applications.
- Experience with WSDOT accounting software, to include Purchase Card Management System (PCMS).
This recruitment may also be used to fill additional positions per business needs.
This position offers flexible/hybrid remote work options.
This position may have to travel to an occasional off-site meeting or attend training. Travel is not a normal part of the job.
The salary listed for this position includes a general wage increase of 3.25%, effective July 1, 2022.
By issuance of proclamation, the Governor of Washington State mandates that all employees who work for executive cabinet agencies (which includes the Department of Transportation) must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This is a condition of employment with WSDOT. Exemption may be granted for religious or medical purposes; however, accommodations will be subject to approval based on the essential functions required of the position.
WSDOT does not use the E-Verify system. For more information, please visit www.uscis.gov
Work-Life Balance – We are committed to ensure that our staff experience the reward of public service, while also sustaining a routine that suits each individuals’ lifestyle. As such, there are a number of flexible schedule options available, including occasional telework for eligible positions.
Paid Leave – In addition to 11 paid holidays, full-time employees earn a minimum 14 paid vacation days per year!
Tuition Assistance – Permanent employees have several options for assistance with education expenses, including tuition reimbursement programs, government discounts at participating colleges throughout the state, and eligibility for federal student loan forgiveness.
Plan For Your Future – WSDOT offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a variety of healthcare options. Employees also have their choice of state retirement programs, and much more. Go to State Benefits for more information.
Check out this video to learn more: Why WSDOT?
How to Apply
Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Your relevant experience may be evaluated to determine salary. Therefore, it is very important that the “Work Experience” portion of the application be completed in as much detail as possible.
In order to be considered for this opportunity, please include the following with your online application:
An attached Resume outlining (in reverse chronological order) your experience to date.
An attached Cover Letter that further explains your qualifications and indicates why you believe you are a viable candidate for this role.
Contact details for a minimum three (3) individuals who can attest to your work performance, technical skills, and job-related competencies. NOTE: This information may be entered in the “References” section of the online application; does not require an additional attachment.
Please click the "APPLY" button to proceed. Note that you will be prompted to either sign in or create an account. This step is required in order to submit an application to this opportunity.
WSDOT is an equal opportunity employer. We value the importance of creating an environment in which all employees can feel respected, included and empowered to bring unique ideas to the agency. Our diversity and inclusion efforts include embracing different cultures, backgrounds and viewpoints while fostering growth and advancement in the workplace. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, disabled and Vietnam era veterans, as well as people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the listed Recruiter.
For inquiries about this posting, you may contact the assigned Recruiter, Robyn Lovely at LovelyR@wsdot.wa.gov. Please be sure to reference 22DOT-OR-32786 in the subject line.
Location: Lacey, WA
Application Method: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/wsdot/jobs/3622932/fiscal-technician-2?page=4&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Base Pay: $33,924 - $44,808/ YR
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903