Employer: Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc
Leading the market with Arctic® branded fruit products that consistently deliver exceptional eating experience to consumers through transparent stakeholder outreach, communication, and innovative science.
Okanagan Specialty Fruits® (OSF) is a vertically integrated company specializing in the development, growing, processing, and marketing of novel tree fruit varieties developed through bioengineering and other molecular tools. Based in Summerland, British Columbia, Canada, OSF was founded in 1996 and acquired by an affiliate of Third Security, LLC in 2020. OSF’s flagship product is its nonbrowning Arctic® apples. Arctic apples provide a sustainable solution to less food waste and improved apple consumption. For consumer information, visit www.arcticapples.com; for company information and partnership opportunities, visit www.okspecialtyfruits.com.
Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc. (OSF) is seeking a dynamic, growth-focused staff member that specializes in Food Processing Facilities Maintenance. The Processing Maintenance Manager is responsible for maintaining and repairing all production plant equipment, hydraulic, pneumatic, plumbing, electrical controls, robotics, conveyer systems and baggers. This position assists the operations team to maximize efficiency, improve quality, minimize waste, and contribute to the development and implementation of a preventative maintenance program. The Facility Maintenance Manager must have ability to troubleshoot, identify issues, make repairs, anticipate job needs, improve on current processes, and monitor changes to ensure proper operation of all equipment.
This position will be a hands-on working manager and oversee Maintenance Technicians and Maintenance Operators.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Analyzes mechanical and electrical problems on all equipment and takes corrective action.
• Assists Processing Operations Manager, Production Manager, and Quality/Food Safety Manager in creating and
continuous refinement of PM (Preventative Maintenance) program and SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) for all
• Implementation and management of Preventive Maintenance program.
• SOP and Safety training for all Mechanics and Operators.
• Ensures that technicians are proficient in making necessary corrections in addition to running adjustments to
maintain maximum production and quality on all processing/packaging and product handling equipment.
• Manage refrigeration systems.
• Schedules major maintenance needs in coordination with Production Manager.
• Performs or manages preventive maintenance checks and inspections of all equipment, review reports and takes
• Manages and maintains spare parts inventory.
• Work closely with production staff to ensure safety of all employees and product safety.
• Communicate with Production Manager and all necessary parties of recurring equipment malfunctions and
corrective actions taken or needed.
• Communicate with equipment suppliers/vendors to troubleshoot mechanical issues.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Instrumentation & Industrial Automation Technology Certification and/or Manufacturing and Processing Technology
• Minimum of 5 years maintenance experience in a food production/manufacturing environment in a leadership role.
DESIRED KEY COMPETENCIES:
• Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work
• independently to meet deadlines
• Solutions-focused yet approachable and adaptable
• Demonstrate the highest ethical standards and trustworthiness
• Ability to achieve in a milestone-driven, rapidly changing environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work collaboratively and independently on various types of tasks
• Ability to cross-train and maintain knowledge on assigned back-up duties
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization with
clarity and precision
• The ability to be proactive and generate new ideas and modified approaches
• Ability to solve problems quickly, think creatively, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to prioritize tasks and make focused decisions based on business processes and company values
• Experience in supervising, motivating, and effectively leading a team.
• Strong work ethic and organizational skills.
• Ability to work in a safe manner and adhere to all local/state and federal safety guidelines
• Ability to work overtime, nights and/or weekends, as needed.
• Self-Motivated, Self-Training.
• Food Safety Standard knowledge and audit experience (BRCGS Global Food Safety Standard preferred)
• Proficient with hydraulics/pumps and basic electrical skills essential.
• Proficient with Programmable Logic Controller.
• Proficient with Vertical form, fill and seal bagging machines.
• Proficient with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) for food production and safety.
• Proficient in reading schematic diagrams and symbols
• Familiarity with Refrigeration and HVAC systems a plus
• Advanced Mechanical Aptitude
• Proven ability to deliver outstanding service
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
Qualified Candidates send resume to Moseslakecareers@okspecialtyfruits.com
Contact Person: Rhonda Duff
Phone: 206-656-0946 Ext 302
Location: Moses Lake, WA
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: DOE
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903