Employer: Waste Connections
Waste Connections is looking to hire an experienced Maintenance Mechanic to join the Transfer station team in Vancouver, Washington. Previous waste experience would be a huge plus!
Hours for this position will be Monday Through Friday 10:00Pm to 6:30am. Rate will be $25.50/HR. In addition we are offering a $4,000 Stay On Bonus!
Primary Duties are Mostly working on and doing PM services on the yellow iron. There is occasionally work that needs to be done on the sort line, balers and compactor.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services on a variety of Heavy Equipment, sorter Line Repair, welding, and Yellow Iron repair.
- Conducts safety checks and periodic inspections on vehicles and equipment.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Operator Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Performs maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks
- Rate of Pay is $25.00/HR
- Mostly working on the sort line. Doing Preventative Maintenance work, repairs and adjustments. There is occasionally work that needs to be done on the yellow iron. But the main focus of that shift is the sort line.
- Tracking conveyor belts, Changing bearings, changing head and tail pulleys, installing new belts, cutting out old slider bed pans and fabricating and welding in new slider bed pans, daily greasing and inspections
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in heavy equipment maintenance and repair.
- ASE Certifications or equivalent Welding qualified preferred, not required
- Safety Minded and motivated; ability to work independently or alongside others
- Knowledge of yellow iron/Heavy Equipment is required.
- Must be able to lift 75lbs
- Own and provide personal tools.
- Proficiency in vehicle and equipment diagnosis and repair.
- Ability to read and comprehend service and technical information.
- High School or GED is required.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)
Location: Vancouver, WA
Application Method: https://careers.wasteconnections.com/job/vancouver/graveyard-transfer-station-mechanic-offering-4-000-bonus/27613/30976410912
Base Pay: $25.50/ HR
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903