Employer: Washington Dept. of Licensing
In this role you will receive extensive training to set you up for success as you assist customers regarding issues with their record, offering critical support for corrections to title services, integrity audits, and corrections to refunds and shortage requests. As the lead, you will have the opportunity to train and grow your team of Customer Service Specialists and provide a culture where employees feel valued and respected. You and your team will utilize your excellent customer service skills as you help customers with their complex inquiries and provide first contact resolution.
If you’re ready to use your customer service skills to provide essential services to your community, we encourage you to apply today!
Some of what you will do:
- Train and mentor Customer Service Specialist 2s on performing refund support duties and less complex refund requests.
- Coordinate with the supervisor regarding identified system defects that need to be submitted to Information Services (IS).
- Work with Supervisor and IS to test system after identified defects and system issues are corrected and coordinate with supervisor when forms or web content need updating.
- Use LEAN principle to identify process improvement opportunities and improve customer service.
- Ensure training materials are up to date and review work to verify correct processes are being used when verifying record accuracy.
Required Qualifications and Competencies
A combination of relevant education and/or experience providing service to customers on the phone, or in person, where explaining rules, policies, and/or procedures are regular daily functions totaling three (3) years.
Experience must include:
- Two (2) years of experience with Microsoft Programs such as Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- One (1) of experience composing clear, professionally appropriate, technically correct, and step-by-step instruction responses to customers.
- Six (6) months working in a lead or supervisory capacity by working on tasks that require elevated responsibilities or providing coaching, mentoring, or training.
- An Associate’s Degree or higher
- Experience accessing and simultaneously working with multiple computer programs, such as databases, resources, word processing programs, and the internet.
- Experience with DOL driver systems, user interfaces, web-based online applications, and retrieving documents from department databases, systems, and imaging records.
- Experience reading and interpreting a driver and vehicle record and taking appropriate action based on licensing laws, rules, policies, and procedures.
- Experienced signing on and verifying data within the court data storage system.
Education to experience equivalency:
Associate’s degree = 2 years | Bachelor’s degree = 4 years | Master's degree = 5 years
Additional Conditions of employment:
Per Governor Inslee's Proclamation 21-14 state employees must be fully vaccinated. Please note that any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing verification of your vaccine status, having an approved medical exemption, or having an approved religious exemption. No start date will be approved until you have either verified your vaccine status or have an approved exemption.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
Location: Olympia, WA
Application Method: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/3585734/customer-service-specialist-css3?page=7&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Base Pay: $3,067 - $3,987/ MO
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903