WSDOT is currently seeking a Fiscal Technician 2 to assist with the implementation of administrative procedures to include knowledge of Special Motor Vehicle Permit regulations, public relation skills, inventory procedures, purchasing rules, accounting principles, retrieving reports, reviewing, and processing third party claims, human resources practices. You will certainly thrive in this position if you have experience in customer service, knowledge of payroll functions, and possess strong attention to detail.
What to Expect
Among the varied range of responsibilities held within this role, the Fiscal Technician 2 will:
- Enter credit card purchase information into PCMS, ensuring coding is correct.
- Work closely with vendors to resolve and correct discrepancies.
- Research accounts for payments not credited to invoices.
- Review, analyze and verify month-end reports to ensure accuracy of coding before closing out the month.
- Prepare invoices for payment through TRAINS ensuring that the proper procedures are utilized using the Chart of Accounts and Purchasing Manual.
- Ensure that payments are being posted appropriately by reconciling statements and talking to vendors.
- Make travel arrangements.
- Verify reimbursable meal allowance and lodging allowances.
- Verify accuracy of coding and process for payment in the TRAINS computer system.
- Review and analyze time sheets and leave slips for compliance with Department policies & procedures.
- Enter labor and leave hours into the agency Labor System by designated deadlines.
To be considered for this opportunity, the following are required:
- High School Education/GED or equivalent.
- Valid Driver License.
- Two (2) years of fiscal experience or financially based office work or equivalent
- Knowledge of generally accepted office practices, including customer service, telephone, filing.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Computer proficiency – knowledge of Microsoft Office; ability to operate a P/C with a Windows operating system and operate various office equipment.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, accept direction form supervisors, interact and work closely with a diverse work group, consistently be at work on time and allow for flexibility in work schedules.
- Ability to keep up on laws and regulations governing state highways, the permit system and generally accepted accounting principles.
It is preferred that qualified candidates also have:
- Two (2) years of experience in office administration and procedures, including leading the work of others
In additional to the salary range listed, a general wage increase of 3.25% will be applied for all state employees on July 1, 2022.
Work schedule is typically 30 hours per week. Flexible schedules are available.
By issuance of proclamation, the Governor of Washington State mandates that all employees who work for executive cabinet agencies (which includes the Department of Transportation) must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Compliance with this mandate is a condition of employment with WSDOT. Exemption may be granted for religious or medical purposes; however, accommodations will be subject to approval based on the essential functions required of the position.
WSDOT does not use the E-Verify system. For more information, please visit www.uscis.gov
Work-Life Balance – We are committed to ensure that our staff experience the reward of public service, while also sustaining a routine that suits each individuals’ lifestyle. As such, there are a number of flexible schedule options available, including telework for eligible positions.
Paid Leave – In addition to 11 paid holidays, full-time employees earn up to 25 paid vacation days per year!
Tuition Assistance – Permanent employees have several options for assistance with education expenses, including tuition reimbursement programs, government discounts at participating colleges throughout the state, and eligibility for federal student loan forgiveness.
Plan For Your Future – WSDOT offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a variety of healthcare options. Employees also have their choice of state retirement programs, and much more. Go to State Benefits for more information.
Check out this video to learn more: Why WSDOT?
How to Apply
Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Your relevant experience may be evaluated to determine salary. Therefore, it is very important that the “Work Experience” portion of the application be completed in as much detail as possible.
In order to be considered for this opportunity, please include the following with your online application:
An attached Resume outlining (in reverse chronological order) your experience to date.
An attached Cover Letter that further explains your qualifications and indicates why you believe you are a viable candidate for this role.
Contact details for a minimum three (3) individuals who can attest to your work performance, technical skills, and job-related competencies. This information can be entered in the “References” section of the online application; does not require an additional attachment.
Please click the "APPLY" button to proceed. Note that you will be prompted to either sign in, or create an account. This step is required in order to submit an application to this opportunity.
WSDOT is an equal opportunity employer. We value the importance of creating an environment in which all employees can feel respected, included and empowered to bring unique ideas to the agency. Our diversity and inclusion efforts include embracing different cultures, backgrounds and viewpoints while fostering growth and advancement in the workplace. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, disabled and Vietnam era veterans, as well as people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the listed Recruiter.
For inquiries about this posting, you may contact the assigned Recruiter, S. Fields, at Fieldss@wsdot.wa.gov Please be sure to reference 22DOT-NCR-20179 in the subject line.
Location: Ephrata, WA
Application Method: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/wsdot/jobs/3604804/fiscal-technician-2-ephrata?page=4&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Base Pay: $15.74 - $20.78/ HR
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903