Employer: City of Seattle
The Finance and Administrative Services Department of the City of Seattle is recruiting for an experienced HVAC Technician. This position maintains around 3 million square feet in about 100 buildings, including fire and police stations, senior centers, City Hall, and the Justice Center. You would work with a highly skilled team led by a crew chief.
The City of Seattle offers some of the best benefits (Download PDF reader) in Washington, including incredible work-life balance, opportunities for training and career advancement, and a pension. We are a collaborative workplace with collective accountability to promote equity, respect, civility, integrity, inclusiveness and fairness (Download PDF reader) for all employees. Want to earn a competitive wage while serving the community in an organization that is passionate about customer service? We would love to connect with you.
- Operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair HVAC equipment
- Equipment examples (not an exhaustive list): heat pumps, coolers, chillers, refrigeration units, air handlers, VAV systems, exhaust systems, condensers, evaporators, coils, strip heaters, boilers, thermostats, VFDs, and hot water systems
- Collaborate on troubleshooting and repairing DDC and pneumatic controls
- Operate computerized controls
- Maintain documentation for services performed and shops materials used
- Respond to facilities related inquiries and emergencies
- Maintain cleanliness and safety of work and jobsite spaces
- 2 years of experience in the operation and maintenance of HVAC systems or 2 years of technical school HVAC coursework.
- A combination of education, training, and experience that provides an equivalent background required can be considered.
Within 90 days of hire you must obtain:
- City of Seattle Grade III Steam Engineer's license (This requires at least 3 years of employment in a position directly responsible for the operation of boilers, or educational substitution for experience, plus one year of experience.)
- City of Seattle Refrigeration Mechanic's License class A (Minimum requirement of 3 years of experience conducting refrigeration repair and installation, as an apprentice to or as a journeyman refrigeration and/or air conditioning mechanic; or 2 years of training in a recognized school of technology, plus one year of experience in the refrigeration trade; or 2 years full-time experience in the refrigeration trade and graduation from a recognized trade school of refrigeration technology.)
- L06A or EL07 Washington State Electrician Specialty License. Minimum requirement of 4,000 hours of work experience under the supervision of a journey level electrician required to obtain this license. HVAC/refrigeration system (EL06A). Nonresidential maintenance (EL07).
- EPA CFC Universal Certificate
- Current Washington State driver’s license or be able to obtain one by the start date
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Ability to work under excessive noise.
Ability to work outdoors and in all types of weather.
Ability to work at extreme heights and in hazardous and confined areas.
Ability to work in environments exposed to chemicals, dust, pollution, noise, and asbestos.
Ability to stand, walk, or bend for extended periods of time.
Ability to work evenings, weekends, extended hours, and holidays as necessary.
Ability to lift in excess of 50 lbs.
Work hours: This is a full-time (40 hours/week), Monday-Friday, position with the possibility of a 4/10 schedule. Occasional on-call work outside of regular working hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays is required.
Job offers are contingent on the verification of credentials and other information required by the employment process including the completion of a background check, driving record and a pre-employment physical exam.
This position is open until filled with a first look at candidates on February 23, 2022.
Location: Seattle, WA
Application Method: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/seattle/jobs/3413896/hvac-tech?page=6&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Base Pay: $40.83 - $44.15/ HR
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903