Employer: Lamb Weston
In the plant this position is responsible for repair and maintenance of all equipment plant wide and for performing maintenance functions throughout the plant as assigned or directed by supervisory personnel while working under limited supervision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following:
- Perform regular assigned checks.
- Keep logs up to date.
- Equipment repair, overhaul and trouble shooting.
- Proper start-up and shut-down of plant equipment.
- Training of other mechanical or production personnel.
- Follow safety procedures for all work performed and instructing others in safe working habits.
- Actively practice and abide by all Company work, safety and personal hygiene rules and regulations as outlined in the employee handbook.
- May be required to work any shift, any and all days of the week, or overtime in accordance with production and maintenance schedules and applicable seniority rules.
- Thorough working knowledge of single and three phase electrical.
- Thorough working knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Proficient at welding mild steel.
- Thorough knowledge of plant operations and mechanical systems and equipment.
- Good communicator with salaried and hourly personnel.
- Has thorough knowledge of basic mechanical skills (i.e. plumbing, measuring, changing bearings, etc.).
- Able to work alone and in a neat workman-like manner.
- Meets the specific qualifications in one area as listed below
- Type 1/Type 2 Universal Freon Card
- 2 year certification in refrigeration
- RETA certified
- Has a thorough knowledge of plant refrigeration, boilers and allied equipment.
- Able to operate all plant engine rooms, boilers, and freezer tunnels to meet production needs and within set operating parameters.
- Can identify all lines, valves, and components relating to the operation of the boilers and refrigeration in all plants.
- Understands water chemistry, treatment, and in plant application.
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to repair equipment within refrigeration/boiler areas.
- Knows safety procedures for chemicals normally used, their toxicity levels and labeling.
- Has thorough knowledge of proper liquid levels, lubricants, and mixtures used in the refrigeration/boiler area.
- Thorough understanding of and be a participant in Process Safety Management Program.
The following equipment and/or tools are used in performing the duties of this position:
- Hand tools.
- Power activated tools.
- Arc welder.
- Oxy-acetylene torch equipment.
- Electrical Meters.
Basic & Preferred Qualifications
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Be able to weld, chip, grind and use all power tools safely at different heights on scaffolds, ladders and safety cages.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing in English.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions.
- Fulfil Line Mechanic duties in Raw Receiving, Plant I, Plant II or Co-Product.
- Weld stainless steel and aluminum.
- Set up and adjust cutters and Lamb guns.
- Properly adjust all shakers and conveyors.
- Repair all drive components on plant equipment.
- Do sheet metal layout, fabrication, and installation.
The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. While performing the duties of the job, the employee:
- Must be able to lift, push and pull heavy items.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds six feet above the ground.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job. The employee:
- Will work in all areas of the plant, both inside and outside during any and all weather conditions.
- Will regularly work near moving mechanical parts, around electrical equipment and open circuits
- May work on wet, icy, greasy floors.
- Is frequently exposed to extreme cold surroundings.
- Is occasionally exposed to humid conditions as well as hot and cold environments.
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration.
- Will regularly work in a work environment in which the noise level is usually high
Coupled with our compensation and bonus incentive programs, our benefits deliver rewards that are market competitive. Some of the most attractive elements of our benefit programs include:
- Health Insurance Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care, and Health Reimbursement Accounts
- Well-being programs including companywide events and a wellness incentive program
- Paid Time Off
- Financial Wellness – Industry leading 401(k) plan with generous company contributions, Financial Planning Services, Employee Stock purchase program, and Health Savings Accounts, Life and Accident insurance
- Family-Friendly Employee events
- Employee Assistance Program services – mental health and other concierge type services
- Benefits may vary based on location, job role/level, job status, and/or the terms of any applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Job Requisition ID: Req-220757
Time Type: Full time
Lamb Weston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law
Location: Pasco, WA
Application Method: https://lambweston.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Lamb_External/details/Boiler-and-Refrigeration-Mechanic_Req-220757
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903