Employer: Lamb Weston
Has a strong mechanical aptitude and a strong desire to continue to expand and to build their established skills in the repair and maintenance of equipment and systems. Prior experience with packaging equipment including but not limited to grading, sorting, conveying, weighing, packaging, palletizing and auto truck loading equipment is a definite advantage. Has and will continue to develop the skills necessary to repair equipment and perform maintenance activities that improves and sustains equipment reliability to maximize plant production and uptime.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains and promotes safe work practices at all times, assures that safe work practices are being followed in all work groups, and actively participates in safety programs.
- Must understand and follow all applicable plant safety policies including but not limited to lockout / tagout procedures.
- Has the ability to perform and document line checks, perform, and document corrective and preventative maintenance activities, including component diagnosis and replacement, and the lubrication of equipment to sustain equipment reliability.
- Examines equipment and parts to identify deficiencies, identify the reason for the deficiency, and take corrective action(s).
- Performs and documents the troubleshooting of electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical systems and controls.
- Performs and documents the removal, installation, disassembly, repair, and assembly of plant equipment.
- Evaluates equipment for performance, performs adjustments, etc., as needed to assure optimal equipment performance and the production of quality potato products.
- Performs non-routine maintenance jobs assigned by packaging maintenance Lead, Maintenance Team Leader, Team Leader Production, or Plant Management and will perform repairs with limited supervision.
- Must develop the knowledge and skills necessary to advance from a 2nd Class Process Mechanic to a 1st Class Process Mechanic within the maximum allotted time of 18 months from the date of hire. The three-part advancement test to 1st Class consists of 1) TIG and MIG welding of some 14ga Stainless Steel, some stick and MIG welding of 3/8” mild steel plate, some stick welding of 4” pipe, 2) a written test and 3) a hands-on validation of basic troubleshooting skills.
Basic & Preferred Qualifications
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain 5S standards, (Sort, Set, Systematize, Shine and Sustain). Keep a neat, clean, orderly work area.
- Qualified to operate Powered Lift Trucks, Scissor / Man Lifts and Snorkel Lifts to facilitate the execution of their various job functions including but not limited to the maintenance, removal, or placement of equipment, and/or the materials, supplies and tools associated with maintenance activities.
- Must be able to differentiate between stainless steel, mild steel, and aluminum materials.
- Follows instruction given in work logs ,equipment manuals, etc.
- Repair or assist in repairs in other areas of the plant as instructed by the Maintenance Lead, Maintenance Team Leader, Team Leader Production, or Plant Management.
- Cut, weld, repair or install materials and equipment to company specifications using verbal direction, prints, sketches, diagrams, and blueprints.
- Refines the skills required to weld, solder, bolt, rivet, screw, clip, caulk, or bond materials together.
- Develops the skills required to repair bases for equipment. Aligns machines and equipment.
- Sets up and operates fabricating machines such as shears, brakes, presses, routers, etc., to cut, bend, and form or straighten materials.
- Assist with the coaching of new or lower-class employees in the proper and safest way to repair equipment.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred; one-year certificate from a college or technical school or equivalent combination of two years education and related experience and/or training.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos in English. Ability to write accurate information in English. Ability to effectively present or listen to information in one‑on‑one and small group situations with all other employees of the organization in English.
MATHMATICAL SKILLS: Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and calculate proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to stand or sit. The employee must also be able to talk and hear.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
With personal protective equipment, the employee occasionally works in high, precarious places; and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to sub-freezing temperatures. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Coupled with our compensation and bonus incentive programs, our benefits deliver rewards that are market competitive. Some of the most attractive elements of our benefit programs include:
- Health Insurance Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care, and Health Reimbursement Accounts
- Well-being programs including companywide events and a wellness incentive program
- Paid Time Off
- Financial Wellness – Industry leading 401(k) plan with generous company contributions, Financial Planning Services, Employee Stock purchase program, and Health Savings Accounts, Life and Accident insurance
- Family-Friendly Employee events
- Employee Assistance Program services – mental health and other concierge type services
- Benefits may vary based on location, job role/level, job status, and/or the terms of any applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Job Requisition ID: Req-222797
Time Type: Full time
Lamb Weston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law
Location: Pasco, WA
Application Method: https://lambweston.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Lamb_External/details/Packaging-Mechanic_Req-222797
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903