Employer: Klickitat Valley Health
Klickitat Valley Health is looking for a Patient Access Specialist to join the Hospital Registration department. This casual position offers varied hours a week. The Hospital Registration department is staffed Monday-Sunday from 6:30am-11:30pm.
Klickitat Valley Health is a rural, critical-access hospital located in scenic Goldendale, Washington only two hours from Portland along the breathtaking Columbia River Gorge. KVH offers emergency and acute inpatient care and a full scope of ancillary services including General Surgery, Diagnostic Imaging, Laboratory, Respiratory Therapy, PT / OT, Behavioral Health, Dental, Pain Management and Hospice. The hospital also owns a busy, well-established primary clinic that is located on hospital campus. Inpatient care is managed by 24/7 Hospitalist staff. KVH employs over 300 staff.
The Patient Access Specialist provides excellent customer service to patients and visitors at all times while adhering to strict rules of confidentiality. The Patient Access Specialist interacts with the public in a professional, business-like, respectful manner by treating each person as an individual with unique needs. The Patient Access Specialist greets patients/visitors and provides information and general assistance; answers the phone and directs calls for assistance; assists patient access and flow by efficiently collecting patient demographics information. Enters all patient information and clinical data, as required, in the electronic medical record (EMR); assists with collection of payments for hospital services and prepares a variety of charge related documentation. The Patient Access Specialist demonstrates excellence in customer service during interactions with employees, managers/supervisors, patients, patient family members, customers, vendors, etc. and works collaboratively with colleagues and departments throughout the organization to provide optimal care services. Maintains a safe, clean and organized work environment. The Patient Access Specialist position will work varied shifts.
Minimum Education, Training & Experience (includes licenses or certifications):
High school diploma or GED required.
One (1) year of experience working in a busy office setting.
One (1) year of experience working in a medical setting preferred.
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal (patients and staff) and external customers (visitors and vendors), to communicate in a positive and professional manner and work effectively with distraught or agitated individuals.
- Demonstrated knowledge of patients’ rights.
- Familiarity with medical terminology.
- Ability to anticipate tasks and prioritize assignments during times of high volume.
- Requires appropriate thinking skills, good judgment and the ability to work with regular supervision.
- Demonstrate positive interpersonal and communication skills with colleagues, patients, families and physicians particularly during times of high stress.
- Adhere to strict rules of confidentiality.
- Follow oral and written instructions precisely.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Experience with using everyday computer electronic technology tools (e.g., email, data retrieval, voicemail, and internet/intranet) as well as ability to effectively utilize and enter information in the electronic medical record (EMR).
- Proficiency with basic computer programs including Microsoft Word and Excel, and good typing skills.
- Knowledge of general business office equipment including: calculator, copier, fax, scanner, and multi-line phone system.
- Understands different classifications of medical insurance coverage and enters data into EMR for billing, gains access to insurance verification websites to verify coverage at time of patient visit.
- Assists patients with up front financial estimates, works with the billing department to ensure patients are aware of financial obligations prior to services being rendered.
- Maintains guest room check in, check out, and alerts EVS for room cleans.
- Work productively, cohesively within a team and resolve conflict in a positive manner.
- Adaptability is essential to manage the needs of a department with unpredictable volume and resources.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
GENERAL ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Answer multi-line phone system, directs in-coming telephone calls.
- Directs patient flow in the hospital lobby, serves as a receptionist for incoming patients/visitors.
- Takes accurate and timely messages, processes information to other staff as appropriate, sorts mail and delivers items brought to the hospital for employees in a timely manner
- Maintains current patient status within the EMR; completes daily census of inpatients.
- Enters all required patient information and clinical data, as required, in the CPSI electronic medical record (EMR) system for hospital admission, either in-patient or out-patient services.
- Receive/collect and process payments, and balance assigned cash box daily.
- Works varied shifts, as needed, as flexibility in scheduling is necessary at times.
- Fax records when needed.
- File documents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Location: Goldendale, WA
Application Method: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=15542&clientkey=9D7E216A94F019B126F0649DF68436DB
Base Pay: $16.38 - $19.97/ HR
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903