Employer: Vaagen Brothers Lumber
Primary Job Function Overview:
The Electrician will be required to test, repair, calibrate and troubleshoot plant instrumentation, analytical equipment, electronic and pneumatic process controls, PLC controllers, VFD’s and all other instrumentation that may be found in a modern automated processing plant. Monitors all instruments and electrical systems, make adjustments and repairs, as necessary. Assist in the repair of electrical malfunctions on motors, controllers, VFD’s, electrical pneumatic and hydraulic equipment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Inspects, tests, adjusts, and maintains all instruments, control, and electrical systems to ensure equipment is in good working condition
· Preforms preventative maintenance duties on all major equipment and systems as well as emergency back-up systems
· Works on plant distributed control system, including troubleshooting and configuration changes
· Maintains complete equipment files, logs, and drawings for all designated equipment
· Orders spare parts and assists in managing inventory. Helps to forecast needs for parts and equipment, particularly during planned maintenance outages.
· Participates in administrative maintenance of the plant operating manuals, technical references, diagrams, and maintenance records.
· Inspects, tests, repairs, replaces as necessary all types of motors, control valves, transformers, switches, control equipment, wiring, electrical signal, and communications systems
· Organizes technical data and completes appropriate records and reports
· Assist with plant shutdown and start-up
· Maintains a functional knowledge of the operations software and hardware
· Works closely with all team members to ensure each task is completed in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with all regulatory requirements
· Assists in the control of quality and productivity while maintaining good housekeeping standards on a continual basis
· Attends safety meetings and training programs and participates in plant safety programs as required.
· Required to work overtime as necessary in the form of additional hours per day and additional days per week/weekend as dictated by plant operations including but not limited to call-ins and outages both forced and planned.
· Work in a team environment with all plant personnel to perform maintenance activities. The Electrician will be able to maintain, calibrate and repair all plant electrical and instrumentation systems, perform routine troubleshooting activities.
· Implement plant improvements and modifications as assigned.
· Report any unusual conditions to plant management personnel.
· Assist in review of the control system spare parts inventory as required to cost effectively minimize equipment down-time and assure high plant viability
· Supervises contractor/outside technicians performing in-plant control system repair/upgrade.
· Perform routine and preventative maintenance when plant conditions allow. Assist in developing PM Procedures and predictive analysis. Assist in shutdown-related maintenance and repairs.
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Assist in maintaining a clean and efficient plant
· Minimum High School diploma and equivalent work experience, related college courses/trade school or relevant B.S. Degree (preferred).
· Two years or more of related plant experience including instrumentation systems, preferably P.L.C., Allen Bradley and Siemens
· Must have a detailed understanding of the operation of plant IC&E systems, including instrumentation, controls, electrical and mechanical skills
· Proficiency reading and interpreting logic diagrams, mechanical and electrical drawings, and technical manuals
· Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
· Solid use of computer systems and software including the use of computer diagnostic applications and programs
· Effective written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to read and write clearly
· Proven ability to collaborate and work with others
· Must have the ability to follow and enforce safety, environmental and compliance policies
· Must have the ability to work independently and with limited supervision and direction
· Flexibility to work when needed or necessary to include on call, weekends, late night, and variable hours including: Emergencies and/or shutdowns based on plant operational needs
· Understanding of Ethernet IP and network systems including switches and routers
· Applicable certifications as required by position.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $28.00 - $41.00 per hour
Paid time off
10 hour shift
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Driver's License (Preferred)
Electrical License (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: One location
Location: Colville, WA
Application Method: Call or email Donald
Base Pay: $28-$41/hr DOE
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903