The position of Heavy Equipment / Diesel Mechanic is currently open in the Quincy and Royal shops. This individual will
be responsible for performing repairs, overhauls and maintain District vehicles and equipment including but limited to
Gradalls, excavators, dozers, tractors, forklifts, semi-tractors, pickups and SUVs.
• High School diploma, GED or comparable education required.
• Formal training in heavy equipment / diesel mechanics preferred.
• In lieu of formal training, five (5) years heavy equipment / diesel mechanical repair work required.
• Class A CDL License with Hazardous Material & Tanker endorsement or ability to obtain such within 270 calendar
days of employment. Maintain valid Washington State driver’s license/CDL with insurable Motor Vehicle Record
(MVR). Subject to Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) random drug testing.
• Extensive background investigation, negative pre-employment drug test, and subject to monthly FMSCA random
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of electronic diagnostic equipment, hydraulic systems, electric, gas, and diesel engines required.
• Troubleshooting ability and knowledge of domestic vehicle repairs required.
• Basic electrical knowledge required.
• Experience with automatic and standard transmission repair required.
• Experience with painting and body work, fabricating and welding desired.
• Must display a positive attitude a promote teamwork.
• Must display a courteous, respectful and tactful manner with supervisors, co-workers and the public.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, and to keep accurate records.
Compensation: Bargaining wage schedule Group 2B (step 1 $26.15/hr – Journey $30.18/hr); benefit package includes
medical/dental/vision insurance; basic life, AD&D, and long-term disability insurance; paid holidays, paid vacation and sick
leave; WA State Public Employees Retirement System (PERS); deferred compensation match.
Location: Quincy, WA
Application Method: https://www.qcbid.org/index.php/employment
Base Pay: $26.15 - $30.18/hr
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903