Employer: Catholic Charities Serving Central Washington
Job Location: Yakima, WA
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: 2 Year Degree
Travel Percentage: Negligible
You can do the work you love, be your authentic self, and make an impact in the lives of thousands. We believe in a culture rooted in community, collaboration, and growth. As an agency we are inspired by our Mission of bringing hope to life, especially those most in need.
Catholic Charities is committed to the policy of vaccination against the COVID 19 virus for all employees. We are committed to maximize safety for our employees and clients. Proof of the COVID-19 vaccination is required to work on or after October 18, 2021, consistent with Proclamation 21-15.
The Accountant performs accounting functions for a variety of programs, providing financial support primarily to the Grants & Contracts controller. The position researches, understands, and applies State and Federal laws, agencies requirements, rules and regulations. The position works in a team environment, contributing to the success and credibility of the finance office in a variety of roles with a willingness to take on new responsibilities, improve efficiencies, solve problems and provide backup to other accounting office staff. The Accountant is self-motivated, adaptable to change, and detail-oriented.
Responsibilities Related to Grants & Contracts:
- Performs technical accounting and bookkeeping work in grants billing and processing, maintaining specialized documents and records related to grants information and codes allowable expenses.
- Assists in providing timely billing and revenue information for monitoring visits by governmental funders.
- Prepares and reviews invoices to receive grant reimbursements, researches invoices or expenditure discrepancies, submits invoices for authorization, mails invoices for reimbursement, posts invoices to accounting system and generates reports from financial software.
Responsibilities Related to Child Care Programs:
- Verifies subsidy information from State portal for correct tuition/copay charges
- Works with childcare center Administrative staff to correctly identify attendance, track and assist with facility change requests
- Prepares and reconciles childcare subsidy invoicing
- Track supplemental subsidy invoices
- Review meal count with attendance sheets for accurate OSPI invoicing
- Reconcile cash receipts and Procare monthly
- Prepare daily bank deposits
- Prepares check requests for refunds and prepares journal entries for correct revenue recognition
- Maintain accurate childcare AR records in the Procare system and reconcile Procare and Intacct monthly
- Assist with training new Early Learning front desk staff as needed
General Accounting Responsibilities:
Meet reporting deadlines, both internal and external.
Prepares various journal entries, including but not limited to, journal entries for account corrections and routine monthly allocations.
Assists with other work as assigned.
The following requirements are those that are normally required for the performance of this position. Any disabled applicant who does not meet one or more of the requirements, but who can perform the essential functions of the job (with or without reasonable accommodations) shall be deemed to meet these requirements.
This position normally requires the physical demands of standing, walking, bending, lifting, or performing other work requiring low physical exertion, talking, and hearing on a regular basis to perform the job requirements. These physical demands are required up to 90% of the time.
Associates Degree in Accounting required, Bachelors degree preferred
Three to five years experience of non-profit accounting (highly preferred) including working directly with contracts and/or grants
Extensive knowledge of accounting principles, methods and terminology
Extensive knowledge with computerized general ledger systems
Database Management and reporting
Advanced knowledge in Excel formulas
Knowledge of SAGE Intacct is desired
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Fund and government contract accounting experience is desirable
Licensure, Registration, Certification
Valid Washington State drivers license and required minimum liability insurance for WA State
Employment is conditional upon:
Being cleared by criminal background check and fingerprinting when required
It is the practice of Catholic Charities to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color national origin, gender (with or without sexual conduct), age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=26739&clientkey=C1A65B0EC9649FE92569BE73C9B9D589
Base Pay: $55k - $60k/ YR DOE
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903