Employer: Technical Marine Service
TMS is seeking an electrical/mechanical technician to install, troubleshoot, service and
repair electronics, automation, and mechanical systems at customer sites in the Marine,
and Industrial markets.
Technical Marine Service (TMS) is a growing engineering and manufacturing company
that designs, fabricates, and installs custom engineered solutions. Our projects include
marine controls, combustion and propulsion plant automation, cargo handling, ballast
and tank level monitoring systems and consulting engineering. Installations involve
mechanical and electronics, software, PLC’s, HMI touch screens and SCADA. TMS
utilizes Siemens, GE/Emerson and AB components in our solutions.
• Assemble, install, modify, test, and maintain electrical, electronic, mechanical
• Ability to read engineering drawings, bill of materials, wiring diagrams, assembly
prints, and schematics.
• Assemble and install electrical, electronic, mechanical components.
• Install finished assemblies or subassemblies.
• Performs the assembly, start up, and function test of equipment systems.
• Troubleshoots systems, makes necessary repairs and any corrections to system.
Tests and/or repairs various new and older products using considerable independent
judgment to ensure quality, correct parts, and/or proper procedures are used.
• Builds, repairs, and tests a variety of new and older products using standard
and/or non-standard tools, equipment, and procedures.
• Responsible for completing various records and documentation
• Skill working with mechanical and electrical hand tools
• Perform work-related task as required as assigned.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Effective interpersonal skills and team mentality
• Good organizational skills and flexibility
o A.S. in Electronics/Electronics Technology or Equivalent training received in the
military or Technical College
o Equivalent combination of education and experience in electrical panels / electronics
o Ideal candidate will have 1-5 years’ experience in Electronics, Automation, ElectroMechanical systems, and components
o Knowledge and experience with electrical equipment: 480/230 3ph, 110 & 24vdc
controls, prints and schematics
o Proficient knowledge of Microsoft programs, such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
o Ability to work in a diverse work environment
o Ability to travel as necessary to assist with equipment installation, startup, and
o Possess a valid driver’s license
o Willing to travel
o Welding experience would be nice
We offer a very competitive wage and benefit package with ample overtime
opportunities, health, dental and life insurance, and 401k. Compensation based on
Send Qualifications to: email@example.com
Location: Portland, OR
Application Method: Email Gary Hinterlang: firstname.lastname@example.org
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903