Employer: Yakima Fruit & Cold Storage
Summary: Responsible for daily operation of Yakima Fruit and Cold Storage Co. Industrial Ammonia Refrigeration and Controlled Atmosphere Systems.
1. Operate and maintain the refrigeration and Controlled Atmosphere systems under normal and abnormal operating conditions, including start up, daily operation, system shut down, maintenance and emergencies.
2. Performs mechanical work such as changing small motors, solenoid valve coils, BPR kits etc. (The integrity of the original design should not be changed)
3. Observes and logs all pressures, temperatures, and ampere readings for the equipment.
4. Adjust controls or override automatic controls if needed to obtain specified operation.
5. Records temperatures, pressures, atmospheres and other readings as required.
6. Responsible for the preventative maintenance of all refrigeration and controlled atmosphere systems.
7. Monitor federal guidelines associated with Ammonia and ensure Yakima Fruit and Cold Storage remains in compliance.
Required Skills and Qualifications
a) Must have two-year certificate from a college or technical school or one to three years of related job experience.
b) Must have the ability to interpret documents such as operating manuals or maintenance instructions.
c) Must be able to interpret data relevant to the refrigeration field.
d) Must possess problem solving skills and the ability to describe the problem and solution in a clear and accurate way.
e) Must be able write reports and fill out logs.
f) Must have an above average knowledge of Ammonia.
g) Must be able to follow direction, work alone or in a team.
h) Must be able to manage his or her own time effectively.
i) Must be able to respond to refrigeration emergencies at night or on weekends.
a) Vision: Must be able to see depth, detail, color, and distance with or without eye correction.
b) Hearing: Must be able to hear all types of sounds and verbal communication.
c) Full manual dexterity: reach, grab, hold, push and pull
d) Full body flexibility to climb, stretch, kneel, bend, reach etc.
e) Mobile within the environment including climbing stairs.
f) Must not have an averment to heights.
g) Must be able to wear a self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), full face respirator and other protective equipment such as a level B chemical suit for up to thirty minutes.
Contact Person: Curtis Wilcox
Location: Wapato, WA
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: $20-$25 DOE
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903