Employer: Central Washington University
Central Washington University (CWU) is recruiting two Marketing and Communications Managers to join the Auxiliary Marketing team in Ellensburg, Washington. We are seeking creative and strategic thinkers to manage the marketing and communication needs of Auxiliary Enterprises and Enrollment Management. Auxiliary Marketing is a dynamic creative team dedicated to supporting the student experience through exceptional marketing and communication. This team of staff and students currently serves Enrollment Management, Auxiliary Enterprises, Housing, and partner campus departments.
We're offering a starting salary of $57,847 to $70,862 annually (dependent on experience), plus CWU’s amazing benefits.
Apply now on the CWU Careers website at https://www.cwu.edu/hr/careers, and search the job ID 4941.
Who We Are:
We are a team of individuals committed to changing students' lives. No matter what job, each of us plays a part in supporting and empowering our students to fulfill their dreams. Working in higher education provides career growth and choice. Think of a university campus like a mini city, operating across 380 acres. You’ll find diverse academics, libraries, athletics and sporting events, full-service and quick serve dining, conferences and events from small to large, recreation centers, housing for ~10,000 students, health services, police, and public safety.
For the fifth time in six years, CWU is a recipient of the prestigious Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award from INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine. Come join us on our journey to encourage, inspire, and create spaces where all identities thrive on campus. CWU is an EEO/AA/Title IX/Veteran/Disability Employer.
What We Offer:
Our investment in you begins the day you join our team: a healthy and successful future for you is important to us. We offer medical, dental, life and disability insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, tuition assistance for you and your dependents, discounts across town, an employee assistance program for individualized counseling, and a wellness incentive program. Learn more at http://www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits-perks-discounts
Each Marketing and Communications Manager will be dedicated to one major area served by Auxiliary Marketing: one position will be dedicated to Enrollment Management, and the other will serve Auxiliary Enterprises. The Auxiliary Marketing team operates in a highly collaborative environment, and each team member will support marketing and communication activities of all departments served by this unit. Both positions exist to support CWU’s commitment to diversity and to bring and support inclusion into the university environment.
The Marketing and Communications Manager for Enrollment Management will join a dynamic marketing team to create a seamless experience for prospective, incoming, and current students. As a key member of the marketing team supporting Enrollment Management and Auxiliary Enterprises, the Manager will utilize strategic communication and marketing practices to manage enrollment management marketing and communications. Primarily focused on working collaboratively to optimize the use of Slate (CRM), the manager collaborate with Enrollment Management to develop and improve communication campaigns, including (but not limited to) digital, print, and text/phone. They will coordinate production of creative, high-quality, and high-impact campaigns. The Manager will perform ongoing research and benchmarking to ensure that CWU is well-positioned and is utilizing innovative and effective methods to recruit and retain a diverse student population.
The Marketing and Communications Manager for Auxiliary Enterprises is the chief storyteller for Auxiliary Enterprises and will assist each unit in successfully developing creative, modern, timely, and insightful marketing plans and campaigns. The Manager will ensure implementation and coordination of all marketing efforts including print, digital and web, video, social, and other media. This position will lead the creation and implementation of dynamic plans to “tell the story” of Auxiliary Enterprises departments and partner units. The Manager will take the lead on developing plans and production for branding, marketing, and assessment, and will help each department achieve Auxiliary Enterprises’ vision of being recognized for excellence through writing press releases and articles for trade publications.
Marketing and Communication Management:
- Manages marketing and communication for Auxiliary Enterprises, Housing, and partner units, and supports marketing coordination for Enrollment Management
- “Tells the story” of Auxiliary Enterprises departments for both internal and external audiences by leading and assisting each unit in developing creative, forward-thinking, and comprehensive marketing plans and strategies
- Fulfills the needs of all marketing production and implementation for Auxiliary Enterprises, including branding, re-branding, and co-branding, market research, design/video/photo, writing, public relations, marketing consultation, and program management
- Plans and implements promotions and campaigns, coordinating with CWU stakeholders, as well as external corporate and other partners
- Coordinates with CWU Public Affairs to ensure branding is unified and within established university guidelines
- Leads and assists unit managers and directors with assessment and program review. Assists with the creation of focus groups and advisory committees for all relevant units
- Drafts and coordinates production and distribution of press releases, articles, annual reports, award publications, and other materials to tell the story, win awards, and submit to trade publications and news outlets
- Creates and implements email campaigns, newsletters, and other regular communication for clients
- Seeks areas for collaboration across campus to maximize exposure and messaging
- Assists departments with advertising and managing events
Social Media, Websites, and Digital Media:
- Manages department presence and voice through social media platforms, focusing on student engagement and appropriate promotion of the university
- Develops a social media presence that is engaging, educational, and reflects Auxiliary Enterprises’ goals
- Assists clients in managing public presence through social media, website, Google, and other public platforms
- Plans and ensures updated website information for all units as part of the comprehensive and coordinated marketing plan
- Plans, executes, and supports digital ads and campaigns, menu and digital displays, marketing needs for apps, and other digital media and promotions
- Coordinates with marketing team in update of all digital and print outlets in which Auxiliary Enterprises is represented.
- Supervises and collaborates with student marketing and design staff and interns as appropriate
- Develops new employee onboarding plan
- Clearly defines performance expectations, ensure accountability, and provides ongoing informal feedback, coaching, and mentoring
- Oversees and directs the work of staff; serves as mentor, coach and leader, and resolves complaints or issues
- Develops and fosters supportive working relationships, motivation and engagement
- Recognizes employees for good performance
- Schedules employee work hours/shifts; monitor hours worked; approve payable time and absence requests
- Actively engages in recruitment and hiring new employees
- Promotes professional development opportunities
- Takes corrective action in a timely manner
- Recognizes value of and promotes diverse workforce. Values and encourages diverse perspectives, creativity and teamwork.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or related field plus 2 years’ experience OR applicable combination of education and/or experience which clearly demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
Exceptional writing and proofreading skills.
Demonstrated ability to create and communicate a vision.
Demonstrated ability to develop cohesive and creativity marketing campaigns.
Extensive knowledge and understanding of social media platforms.
Understanding of website development software and strategies.
Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and other software solutions and/or understanding and practice of design principles, software, and applications from concept to post-production, and knowledge and understanding of video production.
Demonstrated willingness and/or experience working with students and/or co-workers from a wide range of abilities, backgrounds and experiences.
OR applicable combination of education and/or experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
Master’s degree in Marketing, Business, MBA, or related field.
Experience working in higher education.
Use and understanding of project management tools and processes.
Social media management experience.
Assessment and program review experience.
Experience or interest in mentoring students from a variety of backgrounds.
Demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for students through various activities.
Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines and work schedules.
Judgement: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals. Encourages participation and mutual support.
Adaptability/Flexibility: Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
Commitment to Diversity: Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create environment that supports and embraces diversity.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary: $57,847 - $70,862 annually
Schedule/Appointment: Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (1 hour lunch) / Some weekend and weeknights may be required
Working Conditions: Work is performed in an indoor office setting with frequent in-person interactions. It is essential to be able to remain at a desk/computer workstation for prolonged periods of time, perform extensive data entry and other computer-related tasks and create/maintain filing systems for departmental records. Some evening or weekend work and/or occasional travel may be required.
Benefits: CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. For additional information please visit: http://www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits-perks-discounts
An employee of CWU may be eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program if the employee has student loans. To learn more, visit: https://ofm.wa.gov/state-human-resources/public-service-loan-forgiveness-program.
How To Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting;
Resume including work history, education, training; and
Contact information for three professional references.
Screening Begins: May 31, 2022
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Name: Emilie Hobert
Title: Interim Director, Enrollment Management Marketing and Communications
Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.
Conditions of Employment
Per Governor Inslee’s Proclamation 21.14.1, CWU employees are to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of October 2021. Your vaccination status will be verified if/when a job offer is made. Information about how to apply for medical and religious accommodations are available here: www.cwu.edu/hr/. Failure to meet the vaccination policy (or approval of a medical or religious accommodation) will result in revocation of the offer.
Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to sign a Sexual Misconduct disclosure in pursuant to RCW 28B.112.080 and submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.
Location: Ellensburg, WA
Application Method: Online: https://careers.cwu.edu/psc/careers/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_SCHJOB_FL&Action=U
Base Pay: $57,847 - $70,862/ YR
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903