Employer: Greysam Industrial Services
Under the direction of the site foreman, this position implements the repair and/or installation of the client’s facilities and equipment in a safe, efficient, and professional manner.
This is a Full-time, long-term maintenance position located in Martinez California. Applicants must live within a reasonable distance or be willing to relocate to the area.
Wages start at $69.95 per hour, no per diem or relocation assistance available.
401(k), Dental insurance, Health insurance, Vision insurance
Schedule alternates between 5-8’s and 4-10’s every other week.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Denyal Stewart at 925-595-1577
An Instrument Technician is expected to have the skills and training to perform the following:
• Maintain a safe work environment and adhere to all company and client safety policies
• Perform skilled work using specialized and general craft knowledge
• Works in the client’s shop and throughout the client’s facilities to accomplish required daily and turnaround maintenance
• Keeps supervisors informed of work progress and any unusual or critical condition of equipment serviced or inspected.
• Assists in keeping maintenance records of equipment serviced
• Works closely with reliability specialists and engineers to evaluate technical aspects of equipment performance to enhance reliability
• Able to work alone or in a team environment
• An Instrument Technician is expected to install, configure, and maintain various types of mechanical, pneumatic, and electronic instrumentation such as:
o Troubleshoot, remove, repair and re-install various types of control loops, controllers, transmitters, automated valves, and switches
o Troubleshoot and repair instrumentation controlled by distributed control systems (DCS) and programmable logic controllers (PLC)
o Remove, repair, re-install various types of automated valves, positioners, and actuators
o Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain online process analyzers and sample systems
o Troubleshoot and repair rotating equipment vibration and temperature monitoring systems
o Effectively utilize test equipment, such as multi-meters, temperature and pressure calibrators, and signal generators
o Understand instrumentation principles related to temperature, pressure, level, and flow measurement
o Understand basic process control principles, including loop tuning
o Read and interpret loop drawings, P&IDs, wiring schematics, etc.
o Configure, install, loop check, and commission new instrumentation
o Install instrument tubing and tubing fittings
o Operate motorized and manual equipment
Typical Physical Demands
An Instrument Technician is expected to be able to:
• Perform work activities that include pulling, lifting, twisting, working in confined spaces and on elevated platforms requiring fall protection
• Perform work activities that include kneeling, squatting, sitting, standing, and working overhead for extended periods of time
• Climb up to 250 feet in height
• Independently lift and carry tools, parts, supplies and equipment weighing upwards of 95 pounds on an occasional basis and upwards of 35 pounds frequently
• Work with and around chemicals, including acids and bases
• Work with and around energized electrical equipment
• Work inside or outside in extreme heat or cold and in harsh weather conditions
• Work with processes that are under high pressure and heat
• Wear fire retardant clothing, full and half face respirator, SCBA and personal protective equipment (such as steel-toe shoes, ear, and eye protection)
An Instrument Technician is expected to work hours and shifts as required by the client:
• Days, nights, weekends, holidays, and rotating shifts
• Working up to 16 hours per day
• Willing to accept “call-outs” outside of established working hours
• 5+ years of field experience in IC&E applications.
• Valid driver's license.
• Have or be able to obtain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) card
• Be a member of or be willing to join either UA or IBEW union.
• Must pass an initial alcohol and drug screening and adhere to random testing per company Drug and Alcohol Policy for continued employment.
Greysam is an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Contact Person: Denyal Stewart
Location: Martinez, CA
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: 69.95
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903