Employer: Vigor, LLC
Job Title: Decking Installer III-NU (days)
1801 16th Avenue Southwest
Seattle, WA, 98134
Vigor expects all employees to enhance the atmosphere in which they work by living the Vigor Values every day.
Truth: We seek the truth, and we speak the truth
Responsibility: We act on what we know is right
Evolution: We seek mastery, and adapt to a changing world
Love: We care about the people we work with, and the world we live in
Vigor Industrial Services (previously Specialty Finishes) is QP-1 certified by the Society for Protective Coatings (known as SSPC) for field applications to complex industrial and marine structures such as ships, bridges, off-shore drilling platforms, storage tanks, waste water treatment facilities, and more including food and beverage facilities. We are the only Oregon Company which is also QP-3 certified for permanent shop coating operations.
· Installation of quarry, ceramic, porcelain, and mosaic tiles. Installation of soft tiles, sheet Goods, carpet and carpet tiles. Installation of trowel-finished epoxy Terrazzo, color flake systems, and underlayment. Coordinate to mobilization and demobilizing job sites. Demolition of flooring and underlayment. Prepare and prime steel surface. Hand load materials aboard vessels and into necessary spaces. Good housekeeping of work site. Learn to practice and adhere to proper material disposal requirements.
· Successfully performs work as an individual, as a member of a single craft, or multi-craft work crew. Performs work with minimal supervision safely and efficiently. Other duties may be assigned.
· Live and exemplify the Vigor Values within self and team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSABILITIES:
· Safe work practice, wear PPE, adheres to safety rules and regulations.
· Keep work site clean and organized
· Stock materials and tools throughout vessel according to job specifications
· Obtain knowledge and adhere to material disposal process
· Demolish decking materials, when needed
· Layout and install color flake systems
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
· Ability to follow written and oral instructions, regarding daily functions, safety rules and regulations, and possible hazardous conditions.
· Ability to give instruction to others assigned to assist on projects.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Learn all facets of our flooring installations
· Utilizes safe work practices in accordance with Job Hazard Analysis
· Pays attention to details when taping, cutting in, around drains, walls, doorways and keeping product off customer owned equipment
· Knowledge on how to use trowels, air chippers, needle guns, deck crawlers, grinders, wet saw, tile cutter, torch, floor scraper and floor buffing machines
· Can repair in the field basic problems related to above mentioned tools
· Understands cure times and recoat windows of products
· Basic skill on proper installation of epoxy, urethane, polyaspartic and urethane sealers
· Possess skill required to install cove base materials with a radius that is straight with no waves
· Effectively communicate and work in a diverse industry/work force
· Practice working smart, careful, productive, flexible and considerate
· Self-motivational and some problem solving skills
· Shows a willingness and ability to learn and move forward.
· Seeking people that are meticulous and patient, and are driven to learn all facets of our flooring installations.
· Seeking individuals who possess a good attitude and are willing to learn and work smart.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
At least 1 years Installation experience in at least two types of flooring (hard tiles, soft tiles (vinyl, rubber, etc.), trowel finished epoxy systems/underlayment, and color flake systems).
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
· Must demonstrate the ability to obtain the following certifications within two years of hire:
o OSHA 10
o Boom Lift
Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs.
Must be able to push and pull up to 60 lbs.
Require ability to stand and or walk on hard uneven surfaces for extensive periods of time.
At times work is performed in tight spaces in adverse temperatures.
Must be able to handle working on multiple levels of a vessel requiring up and down ladder wells throughout the work days.
Wear a respirator when required.
May be exposed to excessive noise, paint gases and fumes, and varying weather conditions. Proper protective equipment will be provided as necessary.
This position may require occasional travel within the greater metropolitan area. Unless approved by the General Manager in advance, mileage accrued within this expected work areas will not be eligible for reimbursement but will be in alignment with Vigor’s reimbursement policy.
Must have the ability to perform the essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others.
Vigor and its wholly owned subsidiaries provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veterans, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vigor complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, benefits, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Location: Seattle, WA
Application Method: Online: https://vigor.net/careers/open-jobs
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903