Employer: Key Technology
Are you looking for a great place to work? Key Technology is a worldwide leader in food processing technology. As a global industrial manufacturing company, our ongoing innovations provide increased control, continuous processing, sorting, automated inspection, specialized conveying, and grading and sizing, in processed fruits and vegetables, nuts, dried fruit, fresh-cut produce and more.
We are currently seeking a CNC Machinist to join our operations team.
Work includes layout, set up, operating and making tool adjustments for various types of manual, numerically controlled and computerized machine shop equipment. Works from blueprints, process sheets and sketches to perform production tasks, which may include the cutting and shaping of metal to precision dimensions. May communicate directly with engineers to understand the purpose of a part assembly. Checks and inspects machining operations against specified tolerances. May identify and repair minor machine malfunctions. Other duties may include:
- Sets up and operates conventional, special purpose, and numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and non-metallic parts.
- Training on studying blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
- Training on the following: Set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
- Possesses a mid-level working knowledge of other job functions within all of the Production areas.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Formal classes from college, trade school or military service helpful. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or blueprints.
Why Work at Key?
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account,
Paid time off, paid holidays
401K Savings Plan with company match.
Tuition Reimbursement, promote from within, shadowing opportunities
All candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and background and reference check.
Location: Redmond, OR
Application Method: Online: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=33372&clientkey=4EB9D7F2DAFD0D3DA0F822EA2A4D1EB7
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903