This position functions as support to the Benefits Accounting (BA) department Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for Hanford Site Pension Plan (HSPP), Hanford Site Savings Plan (HSSP), and Hanford Employee Welfare Trust (HEWT) and performs accounting transactions, operational support, and customer service for all three of the plans.
The successful candidate will perform multiple accounting activities, including but not limited to:
* Transaction processing, including enrollment entries and journal entries into expense accounts and liability accounts, and cash management for the Benefits Accounting team.
* Working with the various supporting Plan vendors to conduct audits, studies, and testing.
* Conducting reporting and data analysis used to invoice plan sponsors.
* Assisting with plan document updates and maintenance of the HSPP, HSSP, and HEWT plans.
* Performing accounting activity including transaction processing and reporting for all three plans.
* Performing accounting entries and data analysis/reporting for all three plans.
* Accurately processing and reporting on large volumes of data associated with HSPP, HSSP, and HEWT plans.
* This position may also assist in presenting this information at quarterly HSPP and HEWT meetings.
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related degree, and at least 1 year of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be a highly motivated, compliance-focused team member who thrives while working on a results-oriented team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (e.g. Outlook, Word, Access, PowerPoint).
- Ability to process large volumes of transactions.
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and strong communication skills.
- Ability to work with customers as well as internal/external audit agencies.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft financial applications, QuickBooks, and Crystal Reporting or similar programs and applications desired but not required for consideration.
- Ability to document work processes in an easy to understand format.
- Advanced Excel skills and ability to query and understand large volumes of data.
- Knowledge of ERISA Retirement or Benefit Plans.
- Budgeting and rate development experience.
HMIS is an EEOE/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Relocation Funding Provided No
U.S. Citizenship Required Yes
Clearance Required No
Job Classification Exempt
Shift Work Required No
Location: Richland, WA
Application Method: Online: https://bms.hanford.gov/hrisjp/JobDetail.aspx?BU=HMC&ID=36386&PT=E
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903