Recruitment Period: 05/13/2002 - Until Filled
Status: Part Time, 20 hours/week
To Apply visit: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/1092772
Applicants for all positions will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 during the hiring process. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered.
Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU) was founded as a 501(c) (3) non-profit medical institution in 2005 aimed at increasing access to health care in medically underserved areas of the Pacific Northwest.
The University currently offers the degrees of Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Doctor of Physical Therapy, and Master of Arts in Medical Science enrolling over 550 students annually with plans to develop other programs and/or colleges. Interprofessional education partnerships with other universities adds another 100 students to the population. The campus includes 300 employees with academic programming spread over a five state region.
PNWU is located in Yakima, WA, a city of approximately 95,000 located in the south central part of the state near the eastern slopes of the Cascade Mountains in a major agricultural and outdoor recreation region. It is approximately 140 miles from Seattle, 170 miles from Portland, and 200 miles from Spokane. The Yakima Valley is a wonderful place to live, work and play.
Simulation Educators are trained to assist in the professional development of Simulated Patients at PNWU. The Simulation Educator reports to the Manager of Simulation Education.
Essential Job Functions:
· Ensure quality assurance by providing assessment of accuracy and role performance providing constructive feedback to SPs
· Training SPs to ensure standardization of case portrayal, learner assessment, and feedback to learners based on best practice
· Maintains records of SPs performance
· Assist faculty with the development and accuracy of patient case
· Assists in the preparation and implementation of simulation activities
· Assist with Learning Management Systems operations
· Assist with SP recruitment
· Performs as a backup SP in emergent situations
· Understands accreditation standards and expectations specific to the department and adheres to policies and procedures to meet or exceed such standards
· Conducts himself/herself appropriately and consistently in accordance with the philosophy and mission of PNWU
· Other duties as assigned
• Required: High School Diploma or GED
• Preferred: Bachelor's Degree, Certified Health Care Simulation Educator Certification (CHSE)
• Required: Prior experience as a Simulated Patient, or equivalent
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Strong organization, interpersonal, and planning skills; strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to work in a team and flexibility to work with others in a variety of circumstances; ability to problem solve by analyzing issues and creating action plans; ability to manage projects and people and prioritize and self-direct workflow; ability to work with and manage different computer programs and databases; and ability to schedule activities and/or meetings.
To ensure full consideration submit:
• A letter of introduction outlining background and qualifications for the position
• Detailed curriculum vitae
• Contact information for three professional references
The job announcement above is not the full job description, but represents the job responsibilities and requirements. A full job description can be provided upon request.
PNWU offers a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees first of the month following date of hire and competitive salary.
PNWU is a drug-free workplace, equal opportunity employer and educational institution. To request this publication in an alternative format, or to apply in an alternative format, please call Human Resources, 509.452.5100.
Contact Person: Rosa Solorzano
Location: Yakima, Washington
Application Method: Application
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903