Recruitment Period: 10/15/2021 - Until Filled
Status: Full Time
To apply visit: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/769698
Applicants for all positions will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 during the hiring process. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered.
Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU) was founded as a 501(c) (3) non-profit medical institution in 2005 aimed at increasing access to health care in medically underserved areas of the Pacific Northwest.
The University currently offers the degrees of Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Doctor of Physical Therapy, and Master of Arts in Medical Science enrolling over 550 students annually with plans to develop other programs and/or colleges. Interprofessional education partnerships with other universities adds another 100 students to the population. The campus includes 300 employees with academic programming spread over a five state region.
PNWU is located in Yakima, WA, a city of approximately 95,000 located in the south central part of the state near the eastern slopes of the Cascade Mountains in a major agricultural and outdoor recreation region. It is approximately 140 miles from Seattle, 170 miles from Portland, and 200 miles from Spokane. The Yakima Valley is a wonderful place to live, work and play.
The Accounting Specialist performs accounting activities such as maintaining receivables and various accounting spreadsheets for the Finance department in an environment of ongoing growth. Maintains general ledger and preparation of various accounting reports. Serves as an information manager for office, including scheduling meetings and appointments, and organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files.
The Accounting Specialist position reports to the Manager of Reporting and Analysis in the Finance department. Position specific duties primarily include: performing month-end reconciliations; tracking and reporting donor contributions in accounting software; and tracking of accounts receivable.
Essential Job Functions:
• Completes month-end journal entries and reconciles accounts
• Maintains individual detail and summary spreadsheets in Excel
• Reconciles investment bank account balances to general ledger
• Responsible for invoicing, collection and tracking of receivables
• Enters all customer and donor deposits in accounting software
• Manages daily relationships with Development department for donor activities and Office of Scholarly department for grant activities
• Assists with special projects accounting (grants, fixed assets, endowments, and investments)
• Assist Manager of Reporting and Analysis on internal audits (i.e. University Retirement Plan, 403b, yearly tax forms, etc.)
• Maintains internal controls and produces documentation for external audit
• May back up and assist Accounting Coordinators with accounts payable, payroll, and student accounts
• Examines accounting documents for completeness, accuracy and adherence to standards and adjusts errors by correcting payments and issuing refunds
• Understands accreditation standards and expectations specific to the department and adheres to policies and procedures to meet or exceed such standards
• Conducts self appropriately and consistently with the philosophy and mission of PNWU
• Other duties as assigned
• Required: High School Diploma or GED
• Preferred: Two years college or equivalent work experience
• Three years of related experience required. Additional education may be substituted for years of work experience
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Strong organization, interpersonal, and planning skills; strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to work in a team and flexibility to work with others in a variety of circumstances; ability to problem solve by analyzing issues and creating action plans; ability to manage projects and people and prioritize and self-direct work flow; ability to work with and manage different computer programs and databases; and ability to schedule activities and/or meetings.
To ensure full consideration submit:
• A letter of introduction outlining background and qualifications for the position
• Detailed curriculum vitae
• Contact information for three professional references
The job announcement above is not the full job description, but represents the job responsibilities and requirements. A full job description can be provided upon request.
PNWU offers a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees first of the month following date of hire and competitive salary.
PNWU is a drug-free workplace, equal opportunity employer and educational institution. To request this publication in an alternative format, or to apply in an alternative format, please call Human Resources, 509.452.5100.
Contact Person: Rosa Solorzano
Location: Yakima, Washington
Application Method: Application
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903