Employer: OIC of Washington
The IT Specialist is responsible for the overall coordination and delivery of the agency technology services per the Direction of the IT Director. This professional level, full-time position is responsible for the planning, organizing delivering and installation of the IT department technology equipment. This position must ensure the proper communication of changes in equipment, hardware, and software across all departments within the agency. The ideal person for this position must have the ability to make independent judgement calls when (necessary), use deductive reasoning to solve problems and the ability to be flexible and communicate with professionalism, tact and clarity.
Our generous benefits package includes:
LTD and STD
Retirement (OIC of WA contribution)
403b employee contribution
Paid Time Off (PTO)
11 Paid Holidays
Agency Wide Training
Agency Wide Community Events
· Articulate OIC of WA and Community Services missions to staff and clients and demonstrate a commitment to these missions.
· Provide IT/IS support to staff when requested.
· Establish and maintain relationships with agency staff and partner agency location to meet the IT needs.
· Analyze and report computer network security breaches or attempted breaches.
· Identifies the causes of network problems using diagnostic testing software and equipment.
· Configures wide area network (WAN) or local area network (LAN) routers or related equipment.
· Troubleshoots network or connectivity problems for users or user groups.
· Evaluate local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN) performance data to ensure sufficient availability or speed, to identify network problems, or for disaster recovery purposes. Configure and define parameters for installation or testing of local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), hubs, routers, switches, controllers, multiplexers, or related networking equipment.
· Research hardware or software products to meet technical networking or security needs.
· Install new hardware or software systems or components, ensuring integration with existing network systems. Install and configure wireless networking equipment. Computer and Peripherals configuration and network cable installations.
· Remote office equipment installation.
· Monitor industry websites or publications for information about patches, releases, viruses, or potential problem identification.
· Create or update technical documentation for network installations or changes to existing installations. Maintain logs of network activity. Document help desk requests and resolutions.
· Ensure the delivery of quality services by training users in procedures related to network applications software or related systems. Create or revise user instructions, procedures, or manuals.
· Other duties as assigned.
BA degree in Information Systems Technology
2 years of experience in an Information Technology role
A combination of Technical education and experience in lieu of educational requirements
Contact Person: Monica Marin
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: $23.96/hr
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903