Employer: Calpine Corporation
Job Summary: (includes but is not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned):
Responsible for start, stop and monitoring of equipment including reading gauges and meters and recording activities in operating logs and records. Uses computers and monitoring equipment to measure, record and make adjustments within operating parameters. Performs a variety of plant maintenance tasks including diagnosis, maintenance and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment in a safe, efficient and economical manner. Performs overhaul maintenance and system improvement tasks. Performs chemical analysis and chemical control on steam, cooling and condensate systems, and maintains chemistry logs. Incumbents assist in the development of standard operational procedures and provide input to plant betterment items to improve plant efficiency, reliability and safety. Ensures compliance with all local, State and Federal regulations and plant procedures. Regularly required to maintain plan security, operate heavy equipment such as manlifts and forklifts, and handle and transfer bulk chemicals.
• Entry-level; practical operating knowledge to perform job.
• Performs standardized, ongoing duties and tasks.
• Routine decisions.
• With guidance, ensures timely and accurate performance of responsibilities for a single trade, group of closely related tasks or functional area.
• Work typically reviewed by others; work reflects developing competency and basic skills.
• Errors may cause simple rework or correction to single task.
• Duties and tasks are standardized.
• Resolves routine questions and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher levels.
• Works under direct supervision and/or defined parameters.
• Prioritizes basic tasks; priorities typically guided by standard practices or by others.
• Receives training but uses some specialized skills where technical experience can be applied to assigned tasks. Assists more experienced Operator Technicians.
• High School Diploma and attendance in trade school, military service or equivalent.
• Entry level; minimum 2 years directly related experience including understanding of health and safety regulations, and previous experience working with and around hazardous energy, chemicals and waste materials including knowledge of safe handling, storage, and transport.
• Requires previous experience using test equipment and calibration appliances. Additional experience with machinery repair and control systems preferred.
• Strong mechanical aptitude and basic understanding of chemistry, physics, electricity and mathematics.
• Begins to achieve primary certifications/licensures. Valid state driver’s license.
Calpine requires an individual who is newly hired into this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 within the first 28 days of employment - if not already vaccinated prior to starting employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Calpine’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Calpine does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
Please apply through the following link: https://rn11.ultipro.com/CAL1005/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=4396&__jbsrc=
Contact Person: Erin Lee
Location: Pittsburg, CA
Application Method: Resume - https://rn11.ultipro.com/CAL1005/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=4396&__jbsrc=
Base Pay: DOE
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903